• The KillerFrogs

Uhoh, Urban...

Double V

Not a chance he gets fired for this. Here's what's going to happen:

Urban will claim he told the AD. AD will claim he did whatever he was supposed to do, and everyone who should be on the chopping block will concur out of self preservation. All will claim that they didnt go to the cops out of fear of repercussions, and/or because they knew Mrs. Smith already had (confirmed by her texts).

This will all pass as soon as Trump comments about NFL kneeling again...

CryptoMiner

Curious if this will effect any of the other coaches. I know OSU can't fire a UT coach but how does UT react if it comes out that Herman also knew about the domestic abuse. Realistically doubt anything happens but could at least give CDC a few sleepless nights.

Wexahu

Urban will claim he told the AD. AD will claim he did whatever he was supposed to do, and everyone who should be on the chopping block will concur out of self preservation. All will claim that they didnt go to the cops out of fear of repercussions, and/or because they knew Mrs. Smith already had (confirmed by her texts).

Never say never.

Remember, the CFP committee was NEVER going to leave the Big 10 out of the playoff either (and especially Ohio State if they were in the running). We saw how that worked out.

If there's enough evidence of dirt on him, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's let go. It's not like they won't be able to go find a pretty decent replacement.

Bruce Berry

He's gone.

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

The Ohio State university handbook reporting requirements don’t create a violation of federal law.

The policies are in compliance with Title IX and if you read them it details the responsibilities under that law.

"a college or university that receives federal funds may be held legally responsible when it knows about and ignores sexual harassment or assault in its programs or activities,"

I would think the football program falls under "programs or activities."

Frog-in-law1995

"a college or university that receives federal funds may be held legally responsible when it knows about and ignores sexual harassment or assault in its programs or activities,"

Your definition of “programs or activities” is spot on. It’s your definition of “in” that I question. Also, your definition of “sexual harassment or assault” may need looking at as well.

Chongo94

The policies are in compliance with Title IX and if you read them it details the responsibilities under that law.

The program does but the woman being assaulted wasn’t an employee or student, correct? Nor were the assaults conducted on school property right?...or does anyone know? Given that definition provided, I just don’t see how Title IX would come into play BUT that just shows how confusing that law can be and where and when it can be introduced and whatnot.

I have no idea if it applies or doesn’t. It seems like it should not in this case but who knows.

FrogAbroad

No way Urban goes. tOSU wants wins and he can provide them. I can see them mounting "a thorough investigation" that will take, oh, about six months to complete, and by that time there will some other juicy scandal to capture the public's attention and need to feel more righteous than some rich famous white guy. At most he'll be sent a letter of reprimand and required to attend a 4-hour seminar covering the school's employee manual.

Most indignation is based on emotions of the moment, not on enduring principles, so this will die down and be forgotten.