• The KillerFrogs

Uhoh, Urban...

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Y’all quit arguing about this crap. The important thing thus far today is that Brett McMurphy hinted that he had more dirt to drop on Ohio State.

sprockets-gif-13.gif

Lone Frog

Though McMurphy was let go from ESPN, he's still under contract. He can't do any paid work for another news organization without violating that contract and thus ending the regular paychecks he's still receiving from ESPN. That includes shopping a story around - that's why he broke it on Facebook.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Though McMurphy was let go from ESPN, he's still under contract. He can't do any paid work for another news organization without violating that contract and thus ending the regular paychecks he's still receiving from ESPN. That includes shopping a story around - that's why he broke it on Facebook.
This was correct at the time. That date has come and he now works for Stadium.

Mean Purple

Sources shop stories too.

WhatTheFrog

No, it's a serious question. Do you really think ESPN and only ESPN knew about all the stuff going on at PSU years before the story came out, and that ESPN purposely held on to it in order to protect PSU (or the Big 10 or whatever)?

As I said, I seriously wonder how people like you can enjoy college football, or sports for that matter. Because I believed all the crap that you believe, I'd find another hobby.
giphy.gif

Mean Purple

No, it's a serious question. Do you really think ESPN and only ESPN knew about all the stuff going on at PSU years before the story came out, and that ESPN purposely held on to it in order to protect PSU (or the Big 10 or whatever)?

As I said, I seriously wonder how people like you can enjoy college football, or sports for that matter. Because I believed all the crap that you believe, I'd find another hobby.
i love watching college football. just like I love pointing out how ohio state is pond scum. As for the rest of your meme like defense of ESPN... ESPN covers sports news. That they sat on the PSU sandusky issue for several years, as shown in an investigation, is not excused by the possibility of other news agencies not covering it.

We look forward to seeing you at gameday. Try to keep Corso awake.

Mean Purple

He's just having a rough day because of this...
--Alvarez added that the committee "screwed up" in 2014, the first year of the playoff. Baylor and TCU tied for the Big 12 title, each at 8-1, without a championship game to boost the resume of a potential victor.

TCU dropped from No. 3 to No. 6 in the CFP Rankings despite winning its final game by 52 points over Iowa State.

more

"That last week, [I asked], 'Guys why would we do this? Baylor and TCU sitting there like that," Alvarez said. "It's going to be hard to explain.'"

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...pand-to-six-teams-barry-alvarez-is-convinced/

SnoSki

If they’re planning on making results public, I’m more inclined to believe that a serious punishment is about to be handed down.

If they reveal publicly that their investigation yielded little, they open themselves up to serious media scrutiny and/or more news dumps from Mcmurphy etc.

Mean Purple

If they’re planning on making results public, I’m more inclined to believe that a serious punishment is about to be handed down.

If they reveal publicly that their investigation yielded little, they open themselves up to serious media scrutiny and/or more news dumps from Mcmurphy etc.
Makes sense. With reporters citing sources saying he is pushing back against any suspension, the threat of that out there could back him down and cover the school.

FrogsMcGee

Reports are that Urban is in the building as well, which indicates that he almost definitely will not lose his job.

I don't think they are going to fire him, but not sure him being in the building tells us anything one way or another. They'd likely want to fire him in person.