• The KillerFrogs

Uhoh, Urban...

Chongo94

Yeah I don’t think that’s new news. I believe i saw it reported that she admitted to saying that but in context to saying it to Urban’s wife or someone on the staff if something wasn’t done to protect her. Don’t blame her one bit.

Lone Frog

If she raises her next son to be a decent, non-abusive human then I’ll give a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] what Mrs. Bruce has to say.

Having just read that thing, I can't help but think that if the coaching thing doesn't work out, Smith could easily pursue a career as a martyred saint. If it were true. There's a strong whiff of bullcrap coming off that story.

Smellslikeroses

Yeah I don’t think that’s new news. I believe i saw it reported that she admitted to saying that but in context to saying it to Urban’s wife or someone on the staff if something wasn’t done to protect her. Don’t blame her one bit.
What's odd is that it was supposedly Zach Smith that said he would take Urban and Ohio State down if he was ever fired: https://247sports.com/Article/Ohio-...id-hed-take-everyone-down-with-him-120288340/

Granted, it was his wife that said that (“Zach once told me,” Courtney said, “if he ever got fired and this all comes out: ‘I’ll take everyone at Ohio State down with me.’ ”)

Chongo94

What's odd is that it was supposedly Zach Smith that said he would take Urban and Ohio State down if he was ever fired: https://247sports.com/Article/Ohio-...id-hed-take-everyone-down-with-him-120288340/

Granted, it was his wife that said that (“Zach once told me,” Courtney said, “if he ever got fired and this all comes out: ‘I’ll take everyone at Ohio State down with me.’ ”)

That’s it! Knew I had somehow heard it or something to that effect somewhere. Yeah, saw it on his weird sportscenter interview. Thank you for finding this.

Frog-in-law1995

The story has changed quite a bit about who knew what, when, etc.

My point still stands, Shelly may receive more or similar punishment to urban.

Aren’t most people expecting a game or 2 suspension instead of a full out firing for cause?

There is no Title IX issue...the only thing they’re looking at is whether the OSU sexual harassment policy (or whatever it’s called) was violated. From what I’ve read, I don’t think at this point they consider Shelly to be a mandatory reporter under that policy, but even if she is, she obviously made sure the offender’s boss knew, and Urban is saying his boss even knew, so I don’t think she violated their policy. But it wouldn’t surprise me terribly if she got a little something too just so OSU can look like it went above and beyond.

Of course, what they need to be looking at is that their head football coach, who has a history of depending on [ Finebaum ]ty human beings to help him win football games, employed a known wife beater, then lied to and called out anyone who questioned him about it.

Eight

They're setting up to roll over on the AD. Made a big point earlier this week that the AD was aware.

Urban will make it through this but not much longer, maybe a year.

ad should be gone. things have not exactly been a tight ship while he has been the ad.

only question is who else gets the boot.