1. The KillerFrogs

Uhhh...Dixon to UCLA rumor/ news

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by Francis Xav, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Sure, but this basketball program has done nothing to deserve the benefit of the doubt so far. If Dixon were to stay, and our program is consistently in a place to win games in the NCAA tournament, then we can start making comparisons to the baseball team.

As it stands now, if both UCLA and TCU were on the bubble, with similar records/profiles, and there's only one spot, we know who's getting picked.

2. Phew... for a second there I thought you were hinting towards UCLA.

Horned Toad likes this.
  3. My point was maybe if he didn’t run off to where he can live off the accomplishments of others...maybe he could build something here that got the benefit of the doubt - much like two other guys I know...

4. Was it about me?

5. Ha...My fake rumor was right! I should listen to the voices in my head more often.

6. So does this mean the Golden Dixon's won't be available at the Atheltic Spring Sale?

7. If he leaves for UCLA because we got left out after going 7-11 in conference he’s tenure at UCLA will be really short. At UCLA 7-11 in conference gets you fired whether you make the tourney or not.

netty2424, MTfrog5 and Wexahu like this.
  8. Yah I was really surprised to see that in the article. It wasn’t a direct quote so who knows if it’s true.

Tom Brown likes this.
  9. #569 tcudoc, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    That’s a funny sentence.
    My dad used to say that to me.

10. I doubt that anyone going 7-11 in the Pac 12 is even making the NIT. That conference is putrid by P5 standards.

MTfrog5 and Froggish like this.
  11. You're worth what someone is willing to pay you.
    Ohio State?

12. He is staying

13. Don’t make these statements without link or source. Some of us have heart conditions!

SparkleFrog and AddRan Clark like this.
  14. [​IMG]

That's wex-bait.

15. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

16. #576 BABYFACE, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Yes and no, IMO. Dixon wanted to be here seemed content on finishing coaching here. Probably never thought he would be offered the UCLA gig. But, then it happened. So, he is still in a place he wants to be.

I would agree with you if Dixon was interviewing with a half dozen schools and looking to get out of Dodge. But that wasn’t the case, UCLA came calling and Dixon decided to listen and entertain the idea.

CountryFrog likes this.
  17. #577 Eight, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    if your "dream employer" was too cheap to pay the buyout do you really think they are going to give you the things you need to be competitive down the road?

ucla has a $280M deal with under armour and between that, players in the nba etc.. they couldn't come up with $8m?

doesn't sound like a dream and dixon should know that returning home doesn't always mean smooth sailing

smufrogger likes this.
  18. No source or anything other than gut feeling. Hope TCU doesn’t budge one cent on buyout. No point having it if you don’t use it.

19. CountryFrog likes this.
  20. Apples to oranges. Some were tiring of Dixon at Pitt. So, when TCU came calling, the Pitt decision makers thought it was best to let it happen and remove roadblocks. That isn’t the case at TCU. Big difference imo.