• The KillerFrogs

UCLA 6 v TCU 3

desmith03

Good analysis in that write-up, except that the author doesn't consider Gerrish or Holle to be valid parts of the bullpen. Even though they've been starters during the season, Schloss will pull just about anything out of his hat that will help the Frogs get a win.

That being said, the Bruins scare me tonight... :unsure:

sous vide

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jun 21 2010, 06:34 PM) [snapback]585126[/snapback]
Good analysis in that write-up, except that the author doesn't consider Gerrish or Holle to be valid parts of the bullpen. Even though they've been starters during the season, Schloss will pull just about anything out of his hat that will help the Frogs get a win.

Me too, actually.

scared-me.jpg

sous vide

QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Jun 21 2010, 06:47 PM) [snapback]585130[/snapback]
If that guy pitches...we're screwed.

Now there, I don't agree. Our Frogs can HIT!

Still scared though.

HoustonHornedFrog

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jun 21 2010, 05:04 PM) [snapback]585126[/snapback]

Agreed. Their pitching staff overall looks tough and the kid they are pitching tonight is supposed to be their no. 1 starter, but it surprises me in some of the other articles that I've read about tonight's game that most people don't seem to give Winkler much credit considering he has a better w-l record and ERA than the UCLA starter.

Portland Frog

QUOTE(HoustonHornedFrog @ Jun 21 2010, 10:29 PM) [snapback]585138[/snapback]
Agreed. Their pitching staff overall looks tough and the kid they are pitching tonight is supposed to be their no. 1 starter, but it surprises me in some of the other articles that I've read about tonight's game that most people don't seem to give Winkler much credit considering he has a better w-l record and ERA than the UCLA starter.

This probably is the case because many view the MWC as a "weak" conference. They fail to realize, however, that the Frogs have already beaten a better pitching staff in UT than UCLA has. The frogs will be ready.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
We beat the best pitching staff in the nation in their house in front of their crows, one of the all-time best programs in the country.

Scared? Please.

Always a little nervous ... yes.

You never know how a team a pitcher, is going to respond especially in this situation. Hopefully Winkler will be his usual self, even if a little off as he was early in Austin, bulldogging his way out of a couple of early jams then settling down.

Frogs1983

QUOTE(HoustonHornedFrog @ Jun 21 2010, 05:29 PM) [snapback]585138[/snapback]

Not taking anything away from UCLA staff,but UT staff wasn't exactly chopped liver and we made it past them.I respect UCLA,but I also respect our team tremendously.Should be a helluva game. Only wish I could be there to see it in person.

SnoSki

QUOTE(Portland Frog @ Jun 21 2010, 07:25 PM) [snapback]585203[/snapback]
It will be interesting to see how patient they can be tonight. Go FROGS!

Frogs squeak one out... 2-1 over UCLA.

West Coast Johnny

QUOTE(HUT-Frog @ Jun 21 2010, 02:28 PM) [snapback]585104[/snapback]
If somebody goes over there . . . please note that I would rather all our players wear their hats like Purke than have them appear in Boston Red Sox-knock off 'B' cap! :unsure:

Those B for Bruin baseball caps are stupid.

QUOTE(HoustonHornedFrog @ Jun 21 2010, 03:29 PM) [snapback]585138[/snapback]

The pitcher tonight will be the best we've faced this year. Better than anything we saw in Austin. That isn't to say we can't beat him if we are patient.

QUOTE(West Coast Johnny @ Jun 21 2010, 08:29 PM) [snapback]585206[/snapback]
The pitcher tonight will be the best we've faced this year. Better than anything we saw in Austin. That isn't to say we can't beat him if we are patient.

How can you say that when everyone of UT's pitchers had a better ERA, and about half the walks? Yeah, the guy has a helluva lot of Ks, but 10 HBP? This guy has control issues, which will only get worse in the CWS.

We're taking this one guys. Something like 6-2 or thereabouts.

freebird

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Jun 21 2010, 07:36 PM) [snapback]585213[/snapback]
How can you say that when everyone of UT's pitchers had a better ERA, and about half the walks? Yeah, the guy has a helluva lot of Ks, but 10 HBP? This guy has control issues, which will only get worse in the CWS.

We're taking this one guys. Something like 6-2 or thereabouts.

BINGO!!

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 21 2010, 07:29 PM) [snapback]585205[/snapback]
Frogs squeak one out... 2-1 over UCLA.

No errors - that'll be huge.