• The KillerFrogs

Typical Tech Trash

FrogCop19

I think the officials should have called a... Tech... on the crowd.
200.gif

Leap Frog

Good ole Evans. I don’t think I ever saw that guy without a smile on his face (except for maybe that Tech game).
Evans took over for Goo Kennedy when it was found the latter was ineligible. No knock on Royal, but he was no Goo.
Coach Swaim was upset at the ruling which stated Kennedy had played one game a couple of years earlier at J.C.
If there was a better 6'-6" player than Goo, I'd just tip my hat. He once had 28 rebounds in a game.

Limp Lizard

Evans took over for Goo Kennedy when it was found the latter was ineligible. No knock on Royal, but he was no Goo.
Coach Swaim was upset at the ruling which stated Kennedy had played one game a couple of years earlier at J.C.
If there was a better 6'-6" player than Goo, I'd just tip my hat. He once had 28 rebounds in a game.
Goo was a guy who could jump out of the stadium. He had the jumps of a smaller player.
(Still in awe of Spud Webb who at 5'7 could dunk the ball with both hands!)

I do remember that Tech game. Back then the refs would really get intimidated in Lubbock.. That handcuffs for Royal was so very, very bad. The refs had lost control of that game, too, calling everything for TT just to get out alive.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Goo was not that tall at 6’6” but he played like he was 6’10”

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

No question he didn’t have the skills Goo or Degrate had.

Realtorfrog

Lol...... they were saying over rated not sure how this could be confused with what someone thought they heard. Not one person I know that was at the game heard anything like what Oklahoma people are saying.

Your making that up

#Riggs

Chongo94

Lol...... they were saying over rated not sure how this could be confused with what someone thought they heard. Not one person I know that was at the game heard anything like what Oklahoma people are saying.

Suggest you view and listen to the post above. Easily discernible what was said. They chanted both, which one being awful to chant and the other (overrated) showcasing the continued sports stupidity that pervades the sport consciousness out there.

You don't chant overrated to a team ranked 23 in the nation, that's just dumb. Especially when you are ranked 16 spots above them.

I had a long post on the topic of Tech fans last night...was actually the second post in the entire thread, but I deleted it because it's just a beating. Tech fandom, while perhaps always skewing a bit aggressive and whatnot, has become downright churlish over the last 15-18 years and it's quite sad. It's hard to continue to try to support them at times.

Realtorfrog

I stand corrected..... either they couldn’t tell what was being said from their seats or they left early..... not sure how you can control a group of fans but something needs to be done

Chongo94

I stand corrected..... either they couldn’t tell what was being said from their seats or they left early..... not sure how you can control a group of fans but something needs to be done

The administration has tried to address it...through various pr type campaigns and efforts to get the students to behave better. They've even tried to orchestrate campaigns to get the students to sing the school song correctly and naturally, it pretty much failed. I mean that says a lot when the students actively sing the school song incorrectly and glorify in doing so.

Like you said, just not sure how you can control it or what can be done. Sadly, I think we're at the point where this behavior will be ingrained in them and the culture.

SuperTFrog

The administration has tried to address it...through various pr type campaigns and efforts to get the students to behave better. They've even tried to orchestrate campaigns to get the students to sing the school song correctly and naturally, it pretty much failed. I mean that says a lot when the students actively sing the school song incorrectly and glorify in doing so.

Like you said, just not sure how you can control it or what can be done. Sadly, I think we're at the point where this behavior will be ingrained in them and the culture.
Where are the two places in the big 12 you hear about stupid fans? WVU burning couches and Tech. What are the two worst academic institutions in the big 12? I don’t think it is a coincidence that you put a bunch of people who, frankly, aren’t very smart together and they make really stupid decisions.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I have been rooting for someone other than Kansas to win the Big 12 basketball title this year. Was worried I might have to root for Baylor. Rooting for Tech to break the streak is almost that bad. We have forgotten about what lowlife idiots Tech fans can be since they have failed to be competitive in everything for so long. At least we can rag them about Lubbock.