• The KillerFrogs

Ty Barrett (officially decommitted -- a/o 1.21.14)

sheetman

SnoSki said:
Did we forget his name?

Something like that, if what I heard is in fact true its just embarrasing for us all around and I can't really blame him for decomitting. I'd be pissed if I were him too. It's not a big big big deal, but I would view it as a sign of disrespct and a lack of trust

Hopefully he forgives us, puts it behind him and recommits.

sheetman

Let me use an analogy here so I can explain the situation without saying exactly what happened

Say you interviewed for a job, and got hired. Then before your first day of work, your HR dept calls and says "On your resume it says you have only 10 years of experience... but our records show you only have 5 years of experience." But you know for a fact you have 10 years of experience, but the company puts the burden of proof on you, and tells you to fix the problem, instead of trusting you, taking your word for it, and doing all they can do to resolve the issue.

jake102

sheetman aka "CHOO CHOO" said:
Let me use an analogy here so I can explain the situation without saying exactly what happened

Say you interviewed for a job, and got hired. Then before your first day of work, your HR dept calls and says "On your resume it says you have only 10 years of experience... but our records show you only have 5 years of experience." But you know for a fact you have 10 years of experience, but the company puts the burden of proof on you, and tells you to fix the problem, instead of trusting you, taking your word for it, and doing all they can do to resolve the issue.

Why in hell are we trying to recruit George O'Leary?

tcufrogprince1

sheetman aka "CHOO CHOO" said:

This was a lousy analogy.

Hemingway

PhormerPhrog said:

You probably haven't been to Denton lately.  Parts have been completely transformed over the last 5-7 years.  The downtown area has expanded well beyond the square.  More students are living in Denton than ever before.  More grads are staying in Denton than ever before.  More residents are working in Denton than ever before.  It took some arm twisting to transition into the 21st century but it's finally getting there.  If we didn't love Fort Worth so much we'd move up there. 

NY, LA, Dallas, Chicago, SF, parts of Fort Worth and etc are considered urban.  

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
FeistyFrog said:

He's busier than a man with his head in a barrel of teets.

My bad... thought I was PMing him.  I wouldn't mind being in a barrel of teets, if those teets are a few months removed from some work being done by Shivas.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Frogenstein said:
My assumption from that analogy was a grade/test score/qualifying course for admission issue

Doubt it kid is graduating with honors and has a qualifying test score.  Staff already knew both.

BAM Frog

sheetman aka said:
I learned last night the reason why Ty decommitted... I don't think its my place to say the reason, but I still think we are the front runner.

Looks like it was a case of miscommunication and a bunch of "he said she said" riff raff. Don't know which side to believe though, but I side with Ty's story. Hopefully we can get this mixup fixed.
Sheetman,
Don't I remember correctly that you work with Ty's mom? If so, smooth it over buddy. We know how important mothers are in recruiting!

sheetman

BAM Frog said:
Sheetman,
Don't I remember correctly that you work with Ty's mom? If so, smooth it over buddy. We know how important mothers are in recruiting!

I do but I have pretty much stayed out of the entire process as its not my business, but they have been pro-TCU the entire time which is why I think we are still the front runner.

I learned yesterday about the decommitment reason because I had one of my co-workers ask about it, I don't want to meddle.