• The KillerFrogs

Tuition up 6%

Toad Jones

Have a grandson who is hot property in soccer. Some big names, but he really favors St. Edwards. He's a very smart guy, academically, with a scholarship here and there. Soccer doesn't give full rides, so mom and dad make up the difference. At Edwards, they learned this past week the tuition at Edwards is around $70,000. Big difference between TCU and St. Edwards. Inflation is really doing a number on most countries today.

HFrog1999

Have a grandson who is hot property in soccer. Some big names, but he really favors St. Edwards. He's a very smart guy, academically, with a scholarship here and there. Soccer doesn't give full rides, so mom and dad make up the difference. At Edwards, they learned this past week the tuition at Edwards is around $70,000. Big difference between TCU and St. Edwards. Inflation is really doing a number on most countries today.

College tuition has grown much faster than inflation for several years

I had to keep myself from laughing out loud when we visited SMU.

Like TCU, they cost about $75k per year. They also showed their median starting salary for a SMU grad as about $65k per year

Lol, if you’re making less money with your degree than your tuition, you went to the wrong school

It’s a crime scene. These universities are ripping people off.

Frog-O-Rama

Ridiculously overpriced

It really upsets me that TCU is priced so that most alum can’t enroll their children

The owner of my company makes seven figures, he’s a TCU alum, and he thinks TCU is too expensive . He’s sending his sons to public universities.
HFrog, I get it and I live it. My son bleeds purple. Wanted to be a Frog, as well. In the business school at Arizona State. I told him if he can pull of his end of the deal, I'll pay. Going to try for the Neely School of Business MBA program.

TCUdirtbag

FYI, they’re conflating total estimated cost of attendance (which includes room, board, books, living expenses) with tuition. St. Ed’s tuition is about $50k. Both tuition and total estimated cost of attendance are on par with what you’d expect from a Texas private school right now.

FYI, anyone paying full freight—-or more than 2/3—is getting held up at gunpoint. https://www.nacubo.org/Press-Releas... Colleges and Universities Hit All Time Highs

TCUdirtbag

For some “tuition discounting” context, see the Operating Revenues on p. 15. Net tuition and fees brought in about $325 M. Total enrollment peaked just under 12k last year. Divided out that gets you $27k net tuition and fee revenue per student based on a sticker price of just over $51k. (This is an imperfect estimate as there are some part time students paying less and med students paying higher tuition mixed in, but it’s close enough to make the point about discounting and average cost).

For those interested, the current FY23 budget summary is here: https://vcfa.tcu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Fiscal-Year-2023-Operating-Budget-Book.pdf