• The KillerFrogs

Tuition up 6%

We will pay 100% for post docs and MBA's but unless you wanna use that MBA outside of our org it is worthless. Could not care less abt a degree nor the synthetic alphabetic soup behind one's name.

What can you do for us and what can I, we, do for you and your loved ones? That is our MBA.

ticketfrog123

TCU used to be private University that local Middle Class families could afford.

That’s no longer the case.

Now it’s a college located in Texas for wealthy California students.
Wealthy, mediocre California students. SAT/ACT scores have been declining since 2018. Acceptance rate jumped up to Baylor levels

Do you have any knowledge of this? I knew Mark; he was only at TCU for a year or two... Jeff was not.
Do I have knowledge of the future? No. I am aware of the nature of the discussions that have happened over the years between the Bezos Foundation and certain family members with TCU, the $$ they have already committed (some of which is not public), and that gives me confidence that the Bezos' writ large will eventually become TCU's largest backers on a cumulative basis. I haven't adjusted for inflation in that prediction, just seems likely to be right.

froginmn

Do I have knowledge of the future? No. I am aware of the nature of the discussions that have happened over the years between the Bezos Foundation and certain family members with TCU, the $$ they have already committed (some of which is not public), and that gives me confidence that the Bezos' writ large will eventually become TCU's largest backers on a cumulative basis. I haven't adjusted for inflation in that prediction, just seems likely to be right.
Sorry - didn't mean to come across as aggressive :) . I was a friend of Mark's while at TCU and am still a LinkedIn connection; his TCU experience was fine but I didn't think he'd have any significant loyalty to the school. Wasn't sure if you had any direct knowledge....

Thanks for the info!

Horny 4 Life

Just saw this article today about a local private college significantly reducing their tuition. Obviously, there are not many parallels between TCU and W&J, although the Presidents did beat us to the Rose Bowl by 89 years, but it is a very well regarded private school in this region. It's also the alma mater of The Commish, Roger Goodell.

The part that caught my eye was this: "Research recently commissioned by W&J found that a high percentage of prospective students and parents chose not to consider the college solely because its published price looked unaffordable." Their previous published price was $49,650.

TCUdirtbag

It’d be nice if some of these massive donations actually reduced tuition to an affordable level for hardworking middle class families.
Naive to assume they don’t.

By the end of 2021 the ongoing $1B capital “Campaign for TCU” had raised $767 M, including $255 M in new scholarships — many endowed. As mentioned above, there are many scholarships and grants available by the generosity of TCU donors—many in perpetuity through the multi-billion-dollar endowment.

Last edited:

eh0215

I'll coach any kid to go get a 2 year technical degree to be an I&E tech, process plant operator, etc. Save every penny you can living at home with your parents until their health plan can't cover you any more. You could retire as a single person by 30 easily.

ticketfrog123

Naive to assume they don’t.

By the end of 2021 the ongoing $1B capital “Campaign for TCU” had raised $767 M, including $255 M in new scholarships — many endowed. As mentioned above, there are many scholarships and grants available by the generosity of TCU donors—many in perpetuity through the multi-billion-dollar endowment.
The scholarships are not increasing with tuition increases. Directionally but not dollar for dollar. Here’s an extra $5k over 4 years and tuition will rise by $20k over your 4 years in school