• The KillerFrogs

Tuesday Starter???

tcudoc

giphy.gif

helcap

So evidently the reason why our Minnesota series is Saturday, Sunday, Monday is because Minnesota is playing the Twins in their Spring Training facility in Florida on Friday and then flying home to the frozen tundra to play us.

Beyond the logistical stupidity of both teams flying away from warmer weather to play inside a dome in the Minnesota - I wonder if they are going to throw any of their starters Friday and we face their midweek guy Monday or since it is an "exhibition" if they will hold out their weekend rotation for us?
Speaking of the Minnesota series, a coworker asked about US Bank stadium dimensions since it was not designed for baseball. Looked it up and it is 301 down right field line, and 345 in right center, 381 in center. Lefties should have a field day there this season
https://gophersports.com/news/2016/1/22/Minnesota_Baseball_Tours_U_S_Bank_Stadium.aspx

flyfishingfrog

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
So evidently the reason why our Minnesota series is Saturday, Sunday, Monday is because Minnesota is playing the Twins in their Spring Training facility in Florida on Friday and then flying home to the frozen tundra to play us.

Beyond the logistical stupidity of both teams flying away from warmer weather to play inside a dome in the Minnesota - I wonder if they are going to throw any of their starters Friday and we face their midweek guy Monday or since it is an "exhibition" if they will hold out their weekend rotation for us?
Real teams fly in for their home series.

flyfishingfrog

I don’t see any reason to call a home and home with Minnesota dumb.
playing them Sat, Sun and Mon because they are in Florida playing someone else Friday and then traveling to Minneapolis to play in a dome not built for baseball because they have 6 ft of snow outside when there are a hundred schools we could be playing this weekend in a normal series, outdoors and not stressing our team the second week of the season seems a bit much to play a B10 team in baseball.

And if we really wanted to play them - I am pretty sure we still have the middle of conference bye week that is after the snow melts in the frozen tundra.

Punter1

playing them Sat, Sun and Mon because they are in Florida playing someone else Friday and then traveling to Minneapolis to play in a dome not built for baseball because they have 6 ft of snow outside when there are a hundred schools we could be playing this weekend in a normal series, outdoors and not stressing our team the second week of the season seems a bit much to play a B10 team in baseball.

And if we really wanted to play them - I am pretty sure we still have the middle of conference bye week that is after the snow melts in the frozen tundra.

I agree....I know scheduling is tougher than it looks but playing baseball in a modified football stadium 1500 miles away in February seems a little weird. Gotta look for better options IMO...

I gotta severely question Minny flying cross country for one game that doesn't count before a big non conf series. I mean the Twins will be back in Minn right before their season starts in April and probably would be available for an exhibition game then.

TCURiggs

Haven't read every post in this thread, but apparently Schloss has said that the Minnesota series will be one of the tougher one's we'll have this season, surprisingly. Their Friday night starter is supposed to be one of the best in the nation.

Feel free to grill me if I got some bad intel from one of my drunkish friends over the weekend, but that's what I was told.

Pharm Frog

Haven't read every post in this thread, but apparently Schloss has said that the Minnesota series will be one of the tougher one's we'll have this season, surprisingly. Their Friday night starter is supposed to be one of the best in the nation.

Feel free to grill me if I got some bad intel from one of my drunkish friends over the weekend, but that's what I was told.
I will be thrilled if we win the series. Won’t be surprised or overly disappointed if we only win one of the three.

Moose Stuff

How exactly is traveling to Minnesota “stressing” our team? Odd take.