• The KillerFrogs

Trent Johnson Hired at Louisville

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
mediocrity.jpg

Purp

I think this is a good move for them and for CTJ. He brought a business mentality when he arrived and I think his approach and experience will help clean that place up a bit. I think it was Adrick McKinney who did a complete 180 in terms of attitude and effort under CTJ's tutelage. They may not be the top-of-the-heap program they've grown accustomed to being, but they won't be the dirty cheats they found out they were under Pitino.

Limey Frog

Well, they clearly hired him for his character. He won't get them in any trouble. He's a competent coach, but this has to sting if you're a Loserville fan accustomed to greatness.

Armadillo

I was just thinking that CTJ would be the perfect "Jim Grobe" hire for them. Sounds like he's an assistant. But good for him. I was never never a CTJ fan as our head coach, but he sure seemed like a decent man.

WhatTheFrog

Couch -> coach. Amazing what a difference one letter can make.

In all seriousness, I wish Johnson the best. He was a good man, a decent coach, and I'm sure a solid mentor. CJD did good with his recruits last year, with a few added bonuses.

Louisville needs a wakeup call and a clean program. It's been a while. Johnson is just the guy to do that, but he will be fired and someone else will replace him in 3-4 years and bring them back to a semblance of national prominence.

frog-hat

he wasn't hired as the head coach folks. he's padgetts assistant which is a perfect role for him to play to a very young head coach. good luck to Trent; he's a good man