• The KillerFrogs

Travin Howard!

Sangria Wine

He had a Larry Brown moment on that one and is cemented in history! This should be a fantastic SuperBowl. Joe Burrows has that Joe Namath swagger about him.

Wexahu

Thank God for the NFL playoff format.

If this is college ball, the Bengals don't get an invite and maaaaybe the Rams don't either.

Fix your sport ESPN er, I mean, NCAA.
The NFL product is better than the college football product by a pretty wide margin right now. And it has little to do with how many teams make the playoffs, or who gets invited to the playoffs. The best teams are the best teams.

The Bengals and the Rams get to draft from the same pool of players, every team operates under the same salary cap, and players under contract are bound to their teams until the team decides to get rid of them or their contract runs out. That's the difference. College football has obviously never operated that way, but the recent changes only make what was already bad much worse.

You're barking up the wrong tree IMO. Focusing on who isn't "invited" and that kind of ESPN and CFP committee stuff is not seeing the forest through the trees.

LisaLT

SoFi stadium was one insane place last night. I was at the game and the place was one of the loudest stadiums I’ve ever been inside. Was so excited when Travin made that INT. Had both my TCU and Rams gear on last night.

I hope Noteboom is back for the Super bowl. So very exciting!

This year’s NFL playoff games have been superb to watch. I thought Cincinnati was going to get blown out when I left my house for the Rams game down 21-3. I got to SoFi and it was tied! Watched the end on the big screen there. Looking forward to Bengals vs Rams in two weeks.

It is the year of the Tiger so who knows what will happen.

Go Rams!

geefrogs

The NFL product is better than the college football product by a pretty wide margin right now. And it has little to do with how many teams make the playoffs, or who gets invited to the playoffs. The best teams are the best teams.

The Bengals and the Rams get to draft from the same pool of players, every team operates under the same salary cap, and players under contract are bound to their teams until the team decides to get rid of them or their contract runs out. That's the difference. College football has obviously never operated that way, but the recent changes only make what was already bad much worse.

You're barking up the wrong tree IMO. Focusing on who isn't "invited" and that kind of ESPN and CFP committee stuff is not seeing the forest through the trees.

How about.....both things can be true. College football is garbage and their 4-team playoff format is also garbage.

Wexahu

How about.....both things can be true. College football is garbage and their 4-team playoff format is also garbage.
They have a hard enough time finding 4 teams that can be competitive in a playoff in which the very, very best teams are playing. Adding another 4 or 8 will just delay the inevitable a week or two or three. It wouldn't fix anything.

The biggest point spread in the divisional round (Round of 8) in the NFL playoffs was 6.5. The point spreads for the CFP Final 4 games were both larger than that, and the games both turned out to be duds. It's not uncommon at all for 10+ point spreads between teams ranked only a few spots apart in the final rankings. Compare that to the NFL where on a weekly basis 80% of the games or more are single digit point spreads.

The previous college football format (rankings and championships decided by voters and then computers) created this illusion of parity that was never really there. All the CFP has done is help remove that illusion, and all playoff expansion would do is remove it even more. To fix the game and create any kind of scenario that people like you and me want they need to chip away at the things that result in 10% of the teams getting 80% of the best players. That's really the only solution.

LisaLT

Fun Fact: Only two other "Joe's" have won both a national championship and super bowl title: Joe Montana and Joe Namath. Perhaps that bodes well for Joe Burrow.

Well, I hope not but it is interesting.