• The KillerFrogs

Transformation Committee runs out of time!

Pharm Frog

There comes a point when some people just lose interest.

I am so solidly there already. I'll go to Boulder because I want to go to Colorado. In fact, I wish I was near the top of a 14K peak right this very moment. But I really don't care if the Frogs play against UTSA or Michigan or SFA. Don't care if they are in a P5 or P4 or P3 conference or independent or in a super-league or a semi-super league or upper/lower middle class or whatever. Done with the whole thing.

Spike

I am so solidly there already. I'll go to Boulder because I want to go to Colorado. In fact, I wish I was near the top of a 14K peak right this very moment. But I really don't care if the Frogs play against UTSA or Michigan or SFA. Don't care if they are in a P5 or P4 or P3 conference or independent or in a super-league or a semi-super league or upper/lower middle class or whatever. Done with the whole thing.

A conversation I keep having internally is what do I want to do with the rest of my life, unmet goals, and how much of my time I've spent watching other people play sports.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
A conversation I keep having internally is what do I want to do with the rest of my life, unmet goals, and how much of my time I've spent watching other people play sports.
If you receive joy from it, then you are not just spending your time watching others. You are receiving joy, a worthwhile activity in almost every circumstance. And one that makes work worth it

YA

LOL

Brog

There's a nice restaurant on Rogers Road where you can eat and play Pickle Ball the rest of your life. Try it, you might like it.

Wexahu

There comes a point when some people just lose interest.
I'm about 75% there. I'm sure I'll tune in for the Colorado game (and we'll see where it goes from there), but I follow recruiting and other aspects of the game with about 10% of the interest I used to. Don't care who comes and goes or what will become of the Big 12 conference, it just doesn't move the needle at all for me anymore.

The NFL game and league structure is far better, not that I am that enthralled with it either.

Pharm Frog

If you receive joy from it, then you are not just spending your time watching others. You are receiving joy, a worthwhile activity in almost every circumstance. And one that makes work worth it
Totally agree with this. The sad fact is that a lot of the "joy" for me has been to root for teams where there was continuity and allegiances and relationships even if those were more perceived than real. This was true quite a while ago in professional sports and now those are almost gone from my entertainment options. Don't enjoy them much at all and consequently rarely watch more than the occasional highlights. College has been moving in the direction for while now but I see it being accelerated on that path. NIL and free agency portal swaps and alignments and re-alignments and such zap a lot of the passion out of it for me. I get that its a different situation now based more on the money/facilities race and television/streaming contracts and power relationships and personally I think that's okay if that's the way these schools want to go...although I do not think its okay to take the college out of college athletics. I think this may be why I'm increasingly drawn to downstream sports like team tennis (which is far more fun than I had imagined) and volleyball (which was already one of my favorite viewing sports) and baseball (although even my favorite sport is becoming more tedious than it should).

tcudoc

Good sign???
images

Spike

There's a nice restaurant on Rogers Road where you can eat and play Pickle Ball the rest of your life. Try it, you might like it.
Food is good, but a little pricy. Was a little hot for pickle ball though. Did enjoy seeing @SnoSki play there.

Last edited:

Spike

Great comment. In today's facebook memories 5 years ago today I watched the Frogs n Louisville from Omaha w/ @steelfrog. Met at a sports bar in Arlington about halfway between us. 6 years ago today saw Frogs beat Coastal Carolina at Bar Louie w Wes Phelan, Kevin Bell, and several other good friends not on KFC. Good times!

Gosh I miss Wes.