• The KillerFrogs

Tough Half

ThisIsOurTime

TCU is dealing with a lot of things in this first half.  This is game where you find out who really likes to play football.  The coaches are also going to earn their pay in the second half.  Was happy to see us give Hicks some more opportunities and think he for the most part has done well.  We have some players making plays (Turpin, Hicks, Listenbee, Nixon, etc.) but we are also seeing some bad execution at times.  For example, we have a lineman miss the block on the 4th and 1 that causes Green to get gobbled up.  Also, have to question why we are giving to Green in that situation as well as would prefer Hicks or Johnson.  

Three things I would like to see the offense do in the second half:

1. Use the TEs a little more in the second half.  We all know Bram doesn't have the strongest arm but is a good enough threat running the ball that the LBs must respect him.  I would think we should have some TEs who could get open in that scenario.  

2.  Use more passing in short yardage situations.  This would be an example of a time when the TEs could be effective but really using the slot receivers is the strength of our offense now.  Kansas is selling out on the run and we need to trust Bram to make the play.  He has actually looked at his best when he is scrambling and looking for the quick dump off anyway.  

3.  Get creative.  Would not be opposed to see some wild frog today.  I knowing the running has been tough at times in tight quarters but if they are determined to run it, this could be a way that gets us the yards today.  Think Nixon might be a good option for this.

For the defensive side, Frogs are going to have to keep grinding and hope GP can manufacture the occasional pass rush .  The DBs will continue to give up yards as we grow players up.  Saw Deshawn Raymond get some experience and also saw why we haven't seen him earlier.  Fortunately, we are in better coverage this week compared to last game.