• The KillerFrogs

Top 25 basketball

froginaustin

The TCU mens basketball page on Wikipedia needs some serious updating.

Particularly our "season-by-season results." The last year they have in that category is 2017-18.

There are separate wiki pages for individual seasons from 2010-11 to 2020-21.

Someone (from killerfrogs) with the knowledge, press books, etc for the most recent years could do us a favor and work on this. (too big of a job for me! - I'm also not well tuned-in to TCU b-ball.) Thanks in advance.

With as much money that sloshes around TCU athletics, I'm disappointed that someone apparently isn't on staff to keep things like Wikipedia pages reasonably up to date-- and to watch for and correct unflattering, untrue information that folks who don't like TCU might put there.

y2kFrog

With as much money that sloshes around TCU athletics, I'm disappointed that someone apparently isn't on staff to keep things like Wikipedia pages reasonably up to date-- and to watch for and correct unflattering, untrue information that folks who don't like TCU might put there.
I hear you. However, the history of TCU basketball is mostly unflattering. For example, a poster just asked if the last time we were ranked was 25 years ago.

westoverhillbilly

I've been a season ticket holder for 30+ years and have suffered thru the years with the rest of you. In this time, TCU has been to 2 NCAA tournaments (1998, 2018) and was eliminated in the first game both times. Typically, 7 or more teams from the Big 12 get in and we have only cracked thru once in the decade we've been in the conf.

It was explained to me by a large donor that TCU, being the classy institution that it is, wouldn't allow for an outlaw/putrid academic men's bb program whereas the mostly public institutions we compete with didn't mind at all- and of course we know how awful Baylor's measured in this metric. This is why Billy Tubbs had such a dismal time here (just 1 tourney in 9 years) and fought with the administration- he didn't foresee this when he came down from doing whatever he wanted at OU. We just haven't been able to replicate Vanderbilt or the Catholic schools that have had success for some reason with comparatively decent academics- perhaps because we've been in such a negative cycle that is so difficult to reverse.

Hopefully the transfer portal will make things easier for us in this area.

Putt4Purple

Long long overdue for TCU to care and pay attention to basketball, and this thread shows us that. Always should have been at least shoulder to shoulder with football, in my mind—a front porch for national visibility. TCU can win a national championship in basketball, but that ship has sailed for football. NIL punctuates that. TCU can be in March Madness nearly every dang year, and nearly every office and social group in the country participates in that pool. Basketball can compete if not in P5, like Gonzaga.

The basketball arena could have been built new from scratch—“the Camden Yards of basketball,” the best, to draw coaches, recruits and fans—a fun luxurious show of commitment—the cost being about comparable to the 113 million East Side Club attached to Amon Carter. National Champion Baylor is about to break ground on a luxurious new arena.
We have the new Dickies Arena, sorta. It's an option for truly big games.

Goo PM ONLY

Goo PM ONLY

I hear you. However, the history of TCU basketball is mostly unflattering. For example, a poster just asked if the last time we were ranked was 25 years ago.
Not far off. We barely cracked Top 25 in 2014 and 2018. 2017 is really the only Top 25 team since 1998.