• The KillerFrogs

Toad to Omaha

froginmn

If and when we win the Regional in Fayetteville, what is next after that? How many games do we need to win to get to Omaha? Live about two hours from Omaha and would love to be able to go over to see my Frogs!
I'll pick you up on my way from Minneapolis. I wanted to go to Omaha for six years in a row but was coaching softball.

Coaching career ended and I booked a hotel in Omaha for 2020. You know the rest...

If the Frogs somehow beat the odds this year I'm going to go... hope my kids can go with.

steelfrog

Tier 1
I'll pick you up on my way from Minneapolis. I wanted to go to Omaha for six years in a row but was coaching softball.

Coaching career ended badly and I booked a hotel in Omaha for 2020. You know the rest...

If the Frogs somehow beat the odds this year I'm going to go... hope my kids can go with.
Steel has numerous friends in New Mexico hiking and camping right now.

The early fire season was quashed by the rain and now seems pretty good.

How;s the weather in New Mexico?

FrogPreacher

Coaching career ended and I booked a hotel in Omaha for 2020. You know the rest...

We get up your way from time to time, live about 4 hours away. I truly hope we make it to Omaha.

froginmn

We get up your way from time to time, live about 4 hours away. I truly hope we make it to Omaha.
Not sure if you like southern food but I definitely do and can never find it up here. There is a well known and hyped place in Ames that was, well, very average. Revival is a pretty good place (three locations here).

This new place is about to open five minutes from my house. I'm probably going this weekend and will let you know...

Not sure if you like southern food but I definitely do and can never find it up here. There is a well known and hyped place in Ames that was, well, very average. Revival is a pretty good place (three locations here).

This new place is about to open five minutes from my house. I'm probably going this weekend and will let you know...

The guy that owns Baker’s Ribs in Dallas had a brother who lives in Minneapolis. They opened a Baker’s Ribs up there. It is not Lockhart level BBQ but my guess is it is the only Texas BBQ up there.

froglash88

Depends on the primary wind direction and the humidity of Fayetteville is I believe higher therefore less carry for baseballs? Just my two cents worth of opinion. Go Frogs!
Believe it or not the ball travels farther In humidity. Humid air is less dense than dry air. It seems like it should be the opposite.

namollec

The guy that owns Baker’s Ribs in Dallas had a brother who lives in Minneapolis. They opened a Baker’s Ribs up there. It is not Lockhart level BBQ but my guess is it is the only Texas BBQ up there.
I get to Minneapolis about three / four times a year. Looked up that Baker's Ribs menu. Might just be the best BBQ offerings I've seen in all Minnesota. Yeah, I lived there 38 years.

FrogPreacher

Well, I grew up in Mesquite, so what does that tell you?*L* We actually have a really good bbq place here in Jefferson and a couple of decent places over in Ames.

NORMLFROG

If and when we win the Regional in Fayetteville, what is next after that? How many games do we need to win to get to Omaha? Live about two hours from Omaha and would love to be able to go over to see my Frogs!
Jimmy Fallon Laughing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Two buckets of chicken is right.

NF

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Believe it or not the ball travels farther In humidity. Humid air is less dense than dry air. It seems like it should be the opposite.
I agree. (See: Coors Field) I do know that thick, tawny, humid air makes any pitcher's stuff work that much better. Years ago, Darryl Kile left Houston for Colorado in a foolish Free Agent deal. As a curveball pitcher, he would be at a disadvantage in the thin air at altitude. Sure enough, his time there was a disaster, and the Cubs picked him up for a song afterwards.