1. The KillerFrogs

To swoosh, or not to swoosh.

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by Paint It Purple, Sep 4, 2018.

1. I am glad my next TCU hat or shirt purchase is not limited to a brand that endorses calling cops pigs and coddling spoiled [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]s that can’t find it in their heart to respect America, our anthem and our flag.

frog9999, wes, stbrab and 4 others like this.
  2. Darn Nike.

frog9999 likes this.
  3. In before general board.

Land Frog, dawg, pastorfrog and 15 others like this.
  4. Nike has made their choice. We are now free to make our own. I, for one, will never purchase another of their products. I would also encourage folks to let the Bookstore and TCU know just how revolting this choice of theirs is, and how TCU should sever all relations with Nike.

Screw 'em.

5. Not sure why this topic should languish on the GB. TCU and all its sports department is heavily invested on this subject

6. [​IMG]

7. If the kids like Nike then keep wearing Nike.

8. It’s not that. It’s that it will quickly devolve into a political debate and ultimately end up there.

pastorfrog likes this.
  9. So you're going to quit going to TCU sporting events, knowing they use Nike as a sponsor?

chee likes this.
  10. Not about politics really. It’s about money. A company makes a calculated
    Decision that may or may not affect their business and their stock. TCU, I assume benefits or suffers from the companies they choose to do business with. Haven’t checked their stock price today. Did it go up or down?

11. I really don’t want adidas uniforms though...

12. I find it interesting that an attention Briles who claims to be doing it for "human rights" (now that his original reason made him look like [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]) is taking deal with a company that pays kids pennies a day to overwork them in sweatshops to make their shoes.

frog9999, purplealum and ShreveFrog like this.
  13. UA products > Swoosh

frog9999 and nwlafrog like this.
  14. Best as I can tell they lost a few billion dollars in market cap today. That seems bad.

I’m a conservative but not a militant one so while I probably won’t be buying anything Nike anytime soon I also won’t be too bothered by anyone who continues to do so. I’m also probably not gonna stop wearing the Nike stuff I already own.

15. Surprised. Would have thought Kaepa would have signed Kaepernick.

16. Didn’t say that. Although, I haven’t watched hardly any NFL since this began, and I was fairly good paying customer of their’s before then. I would be interested in hearing the Chancellor’s and the AD’s answer to the question: “does TCU support its apparel sponsor’s endorsement of calling cops pigs and disrespecting the anthem and the American flag?”

frog9999 likes this.
  17. I don't have to buy from anyone who supports things I find offensive. Screw what's his name...and the quality (and sizing ;)) of the swoosh product has gone down the last few years...screw them, too.

That's it.

frog9999 and Salfrog like this.
  18. That’s pretty much how I feel. I don’t like really any Nike products anymore but it’s all about the product and not this decision. UA has really grown on me

tcumaniac and SparkleFrog like this.
  19. Me either. I paid too much for it. Maybe I can put a piece of duck tape over the swoosh. Kinda like a redneck protest ribbon. Ha!

20. I wonder when the rubes will realize that Dear Leader is nothing but a con-man? His fight regarding kneeling and flag is simply red meat for his base. He doesn't give two [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]s about the issue. He doesn't rage-tweet Nike because Nike pays him rent.

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Trump-Nike-Kaepernick-ads-terrible-message-13204244.php

From the article:

But Trump issued a relatively retrained comment on the matter Tuesday, saying Nike's decision to feature Kap "is what this country is all about, that you have certain freedoms to do things that other people think you shouldn't do."

However, he also stated multiple times that Nike's campaign is "a terrible message."

"Trump also noted that Nike is "a tenant of mine" at 6 East 56th Street in New York and that "they pay a lot of rent."

ftwfrog, PhillyFrog and chee like this.