• The KillerFrogs

Time to fess up. How many parking tix did you (or someone you know) get while at TCU???

dawg

At least 20, and several from FWPD for parking at UCC. Had to cut a $150 check so I could walk during graduation.

lowfrog

Never got even one.

But, back when I attended TCU there was still quite a bit of open pasture around campus where a man could stake his hoss all day without any problem, unless there was some half-drunk cowhand getting out of Hell's Half-Acre in a hurry and needed to swap mounts...
I never got any tickets, but my horse did.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I don’t remember. Of course, there is an awful lot of stuff that I don’t remember from my Vietnam era stint at TCU.
Col Murray
Dean Neeb
Waits, Sherley, Jarvis, Colby Hall, Foster
Milton Daniel, Pete Wright, Clark, Tom Brown
Daniel Meyer Coliseum
The Little Gym
The Practice Gym

Anything ring a bell? haha

denverfrog

Had one from The city of Fort Worth, thought it was a TCU ticket which always was paid in the fees of tuition. Forgot about the one ticket, 3 years later, got pulled over on Christmas Eve and Arrested ! Had to pay a fine, and, insult to injury, the cop that arrested me was a girl I went to school with and she thought it was hilarious.

FrogCop19

Had one from The city of Fort Worth, thought it was a TCU ticket which always was paid in the fees of tuition. Forgot about the one ticket, 3 years later, got pulled over on Christmas Eve and Arrested ! Had to pay a fine, and, insult to injury, the cop that arrested me was a girl I went to school with and she thought it was hilarious.
Hold on, hold on...I know this story, I saw it on PronHub.

Deep Purple

I was on the Citation Appeals Committee for two years. For first-time offenders, we almost routinely gave them a pass -- especially new-to-campus freshmen. Upperclassmen, who know exactly where they are and aren't allowed to park, got stricter scrutiny.

For repeat offenders, we excused them only if there were obvious extenuating conditions like poorly marked spaces or unclear signage. This is where phone cameras come in handy. We excused quite a few violators who showed us a photo defense of a confusing parking situation. But for those who parked in fire lanes, handicap spaces, or reserved spaces? Absolutely no mercy. These were the only violators for whom we weren't predisposed to cut them some slack.

We actually had a senior who racked up 38 unpaid violations totaling over $2,700 (parking in handicap and reserved spaces is expensive), and this guy actually had the nerve to appeal. I was looking forward to that hearing just to observe how creative his defense might be, but he didn't show up. A real shame. For a really entertaining defense, we probably would have halved his fines. I never heard whether he actually paid his parking debts and got his degree.

Purp

Sort of related, but during the time I was an undergrad, the Campus Cops had 2 patrol cars. One was whatever the cheapest Chevrolet was, back then, donated by Jack Williams Chevrolet. The other was a Mustang fastback, donated by Charlie Hillard Ford. Both were painted a sort of lavender/purple and had a Horned Frog painted on the sides, which looked like some undergrad from the art department had done. At night, they provided a quiet spot for said Campus Cop to sleep for quite a long time. Because they were sedans, and we were young and athletic, a guy could get a running start, jump, and run right up the trunk, over the top, down the hood, and be gone before the befuddled occupant could draw his pistola. I'll bet it was really loud inside.
Good thing you're retired. You couldn't work for @Pharm Frog.