• The KillerFrogs

Time to change Orbegron filter

Eight

The formula is clear for any smart manager/CEO...Surround yourself with proven talent that is smart and hungry then get out of their way...Ed O has done that. GP has not..

the best leaders i have ever worked for/with not only weren't afraid to hire smart and ambitious people, but they sought out the smartest people they could fine.

one boss would openly brag he was the dumbest guy in the room and that is what helped him become the wealthiest guy in the room.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Considered... and implemented.

[ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]

7DE0DAED-39D9-4CFA-9603-C42D3108E389.gif

NewFrogFan

I mean. For the crazy accent. His old school mentality. The guy is the definition of change. If he would have stayed rooted in his ways, LSU would be where we are now.

"You know when I felt it?" Orgeron asked the media afterward in the bowels of Bryant-Denny Stadium. "When I got on the plane. I felt like, 'You know what, we got 'em. We finally got the tools that we need. We finally got the players that we need. We finally got the coaching staff that we need to beat these guys.'"

That last line says it all. You bring in the people who coach the players to be what you need them to be. I like Orgeron’s story, and I want to root for the guy.

I propose we change the [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] filter to

“Cumbie’s red zone playcalling”

I was on Coach O “train” when he sold first ticket. I was off Miles version at halftime of second Alabama game in 2011 season. I can not believe how many thought Fisher or Herman was the answer. They are seriously negotiating with a guy 90% of the college football world had never heard of this time last year. It sure helps to run plays the team is built to run.

Limey Frog

The formula is clear for any smart manager/CEO...Surround yourself with proven talent that is smart and hungry then get out of their way...Ed O has done that. GP has not..

I suggested last week that GP think about transitioning to this CEO/older mentor head-coach model by looking for the best young up-and-coming talent on both sides of the ball to do the day-to-day coaching of players. I was quickly accused of not knowing what I'm talking about. So maybe Ed Orgeron doesn't know what he's talking about...? I don't know, it seems to be working out pretty well for him.

Froggish

I suggested last week that GP think about transitioning to this CEO/older mentor head-coach model by looking for the best young up-and-coming talent on both sides of the ball to do the day-to-day coaching of players. I was quickly accused of not knowing what I'm talking about. So maybe Ed Orgeron doesn't know what he's talking about...? I don't know, it seems to be working out pretty well for him.

The tough thing with GP is that his real genius, the thing that has made him exceptional over the years, really is his ability to call a game. Truth be told, he’s not a very good CEO type. I hate to say it but the day GP turns into a CEO type is probably the day he no longer gives us any competitive advantage.

IMO He has to place a premium on hiring better and holding staff accountable to higher standards. Especially if he is going to continue to spend as much prep and field time doing DC duties

HFrog12

Orgeron is the freaking man. He has completely set his pride aside and has put people with better skills than him in positions for his team to succeed. I can't think of any other coach I would want to play for besides him. He grinds his guys in practice just like GP except he lifts them up at other times. He makes the game fun to play. Which is why I think you will see the "tide" turn for little nicky in Tuscaloosa. Players want to go play for a guy like Orgeron and not people as miserable as GP and Saban. This may be a hot take from this past weekend but that is what I see.

Orgeron recruits, gets the right coaches in position, and gets his players to play with passion. GP calls defenses - see the difference.

NewFrogFan

Orgeron is the freaking man. He has completely set his pride aside and has put people with better skills than him in positions for his team to succeed. I can't think of any other coach I would want to play for besides him. He grinds his guys in practice just like GP except he lifts them up at other times. He makes the game fun to play. Which is why I think you will see the "tide" turn for little nicky in Tuscaloosa. Players want to go play for a guy like Orgeron and not people as miserable as GP and Saban. This may be a hot take from this past weekend but that is what I see.

Orgeron recruits, gets the right coaches in position, and gets his players to play with passion. GP calls defenses - see the difference.

Maybe, just maybe, guys like Devontae Smith, Dylan Moses, and Etienne quit leaving La. to play football somewhere else now? Cant get them all but Saban has really gotten some of the best.