• The KillerFrogs

Time to be concerned about baseball.

LVH

As I have been saying for years the problem is travel ball. Stop bringing in travel ball players to this program. They suck. Travel ball ruins baseball players.

I love to point and laugh at all the parents out there who spend thousands on their son's travel ball teams, thinking they will go pro, only for them to not make it anywhere.

PurpleBlood87

In the last 15 days we have given up:

31 runs over 3 days to UNCW
25 runs to OSU
9 to Abilene Christian (loss)
31 runs to tech

This isn’t a good ball club, and we have not been relevant as a program since 2017.
Frogs beat Abilene Christian on the road.
TCU has lost two midweek games to UTA and TSU.

ShreveFrog

Surprising stats for Boyers: OB% .417.
He’s drawn 29 walks. Both stats are the same as Taylor’s.
But he’s got to cut down on strikeouts! (42 is most on the team.)

As I have been saying for years the problem is travel ball. Stop bringing in travel ball players to this program. They suck. Travel ball ruins baseball players.

I love to point and laugh at all the parents out there who spend thousands on their son's travel ball teams, thinking they will go pro, only for them to not make it anywhere.

While I'm a big opponent of travel ball you're talking about 98% of all D1 ballplayers participate in some form of travel ball.

hometown frog

Surprising stats for Boyers: OB% .417.
He’s drawn 29 walks. Both stats are the same as Taylor’s.
But he’s got to cut down on strikeouts! (42 is most on the team.)
Between the walks and the HBP it’s really keeping his OBP inflated. His 42 Ks are just crazy numbers for a guy skipper keeps in hole in my mind.

hometown frog

It's what is keeping in the leadoff spot
Actually I suspect it’s not his OBP That’s keeping him up there. I assume it’s the hope that he goes on one of his end of season streaks where he’s hitting .450 and getting the ball out of the park a lot.

I don’t think KS is a big OBP guy to be the reason he’s still hitting at the top. (Or at least I haven’t heard KS talk about OBP in any of his philosophical discussions on how he wants to build a lineup)