• The KillerFrogs

Ticket Prices Have Dropped

hometown frog

I assume they will continue to drop this afternoon and this evening as the venue and those trying to dump tickets decide to price to sell.

Endless Purple

Dropping prices does not surprise me. The cost of a conference championship game, potential CFP semi-final or cotton bowl next followed by an opportunity to a CFP final game if winning the next two - (potential for three expensive games) that can add up to a lot of money and time. I would expect many to wait until the next game to spend more.

hometown frog

Knew I should have waited. The same row a section I bought on Monday are already down $40 from what I paid. Damn it.
Stumbled into a ticket in section 245 on Wed for $120 and scooped it up ASAP. But even w that deal, I fully expect to see prices below what I paid by the time kickoff comes tomorrow morning. Just part of the secondary market process.

HornyWartyToad

I should have been patient. I used to go see Texas-OU at the Cotton Bowl back when I was at TCU. Never bought tickets ahead, always from scalpers. Would show up right at kickoff time and get great seats, normally between the 35s and in the first 25 rows, for face price. I guess the difference in this one is, for those games I didn't care whether we got in or not.

ticketfrog123

This thread is making me depressed. I knew I should have waited but knowing there was a chance that we could end up playing Texas made me jump gun.
Have prior title games sold out? I feel like with all the hoops / headache at cowboys - they haven’t sold well given proximity to bowl games or playoffs for the higher ranked team

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Have prior title games sold out? I feel like with all the hoops / headache at cowboys - they haven’t sold well given proximity to bowl games or playoffs for the higher ranked team
I wasn't worried about it selling out. I just wanted to make sure I got a good seat. I knew that if we ended up playing the horns that they would try to take over the stadium.

Big Frog II

If we had been playing Texas, tickets would be much higher. That being said, we need everyone there and now is the time to buy. One thing the Big 12 screws up is with the schools allotment of only 7000. We blew past that easily and i am sure Kansas State did as well. They leaves the rest of the fans buying from ticket resellers and that stinks.

ticketfrog123

If we had been playing Texas, tickets would be much higher. That being said, we need everyone there and now is the time to buy. One thing the Big 12 screws up is with the schools allotment of only 7000. We blew past that easily and i am sure Kansas State did as well. They leaves the rest of the fans buying from ticket resellers and that stinks.
I don’t recall KSU traveling that well to TCU.

These tickets might be $30 to get in and $80 for good seats tomorrow morning