• The KillerFrogs

This will mark the end of a historic TCU Baseball program....

Big Frog II

Yeah, you're right. College is about having fun for four or five years. And if you can get a degree thrown in along with it, that's even better.
Reminds me of what one of my friend's father said right after we graduated. "Well, the 4 year vacation is over." Darn him, he was so right.

SportsJunkie

As a former baseballer I've had to come to the realization that I should probably not get my hopes up of my son possibly playing baseball at TCU one day even if he is blessed to get a scholarship offer. Something needs to change eventually. 11.7 is crap

Mean Purple

Not sure this particular increase at this particular time marks the end, but I’ve been telling people for years this was putting us at a disadvantage.... so yeah it’s not good. Need NCAA to raise scholarship limits, which seems unlikely anytime soon .

And it’s not just baseball, it’s any sport that doesn’t get a full allotment that will suffer.
If they every go so far as to let schools actually directly pay players, we'll then run the roost.

Moose Stuff

As a former baseballer I've had to come to the realization that I should probably not get my hopes up of my son possibly playing baseball at TCU one day even if he is blessed to get a scholarship offer. Something needs to change eventually. 11.7 is crap

You played at TCU?

ThisIsOurTime

Sorry, I failed to add the word million. They have already raised $700,000,000. Million of the goal of $1. Billion.
Let's suppose they do reach that $1 billion goal. Is that going to have any bearing on the new tuition costs? From what I read, it seems that money is only going to go towards new buildings and professors.

flyfishingfrog

Let's suppose they do reach that $1 billion goal. Is that going to have any bearing on the new tuition costs? From what I read, it seems that money is only going to go towards new buildings and professors.
It is going to the endowment

the earnings from the endowment (less the portion they retain to offset inflation) funds as much of the operating costs of University as it can

the rest of the operating costs are covered by student tuition and housing fees - thus the more the earnings from the endowment are, the smaller the gap required to be covered by tuition, etc and the lower tuition (or at least the average amount actually paid by students) has to be...

You can give and designate the money for other purposes like capital projects but the goal of the current campaign is on increasing the endowment

Last edited:

Recruiting is already suffering. There are a very large number of kids that we simply have ZERO shot at due to cost. Suffering probably isn’t the right word, but it’s a big deal.
A kid I cover has decided to go the juco route instead of being locked down at a D-I program. I haven't talked to him but I believe he is doing this to go pro in 2 years. His teammate signed with Frogs, and they are both equal in my mind. Financially, both families are well off. Would like Moose's comment on this.

PO Frog

A kid I cover has decided to go the juco route instead of being locked down at a D-I program. I haven't talked to him but I believe he is doing this to go pro in 2 years. His teammate signed with Frogs, and they are both equal in my mind. Financially, both families are well off. Would like Moose's comment on this.
Pretty common. If he’s goes JUCO he’s draft eligibile after HS and then after each of his two years at JUCO. Happens with guys that can improve their draft stock but don’t want to be stuck for three years at Division I