• The KillerFrogs

This Week’s Polls

LevelHead

This is why the Coaches/AP Poll shouldn't come out until the Playoff rankings are released. TCU dropping 21 spots is terrible. If the AP believes that UT is the 18th best team in the country, then TCU's loss isn't that bad.

Meanwhile, Va Tech lost to Old Dominion, an 0-3 team that got drummed 52-10 by FCS Liberty, and dropped 15 spots. There is no logic to support that garbage.

CountryFrog

We haven’t beaten a remotely decent team yet.
Obviously, but it's 4 weeks into the season. There isn't hardly anyone with quality wins this early.

If you actually believe that Syracuse is better than TCU then you've really gone off the deep end. Plus they still have Virginia Tech ahead of us. Anyone voting for Virginia Tech after losing to 0-3 Old Dominion should immediately lose their vote.

Wexahu

Obviously, but it's 4 weeks into the season. There isn't hardly anyone with quality wins this early.

If you actually believe that Syracuse is better than TCU then you've really gone off the deep end. Plus they still have Virginia Tech ahead of us. Anyone voting for Virginia Tech after losing to 0-3 Old Dominion should immediately lose their vote.

I have no idea if Syracuse is better than us, I haven't seen them play one down other than a highlight or two. But I don't think you can say just because they are Syracuse we are better than them. I "think" we're better than them but that's just based on past performance and recruiting classes, and that's what frustrates TCU fans when the traditional powers get the same treatment.

They've won at Western Michigan by 13, beat an FCS school by 52, beat Florida State by 23 and beat UConn by 30. Florida State is not good this year but that win is still far more impressive than either of our two wins. I'd imagine if we were to go play at Syracuse right now they'd give us all we could handle.

CountryFrog

I have no idea if Syracuse is better than us, I haven't seen them play one down other than a highlight or two. But I don't think you can say just because they are Syracuse we are better than them. I "think" we're better than them but that's just based on past performance and recruiting classes, and that's what frustrates TCU fans when the traditional powers get the same treatment.

They've won at Western Michigan by 13, beat an FCS school by 52, beat Florida State by 23 and beat UConn by 30. Florida State is not good this year but that win is still far more impressive than either of our two wins. I'd imagine if we were to go play at Syracuse right now they'd give us all we could handle.
I'd imagine we beat them by 2 TDs or more. Much worse than that if we play them at home. I've seen them play. They're not good. At all. They'll probably finish with 6 wins but only because that conference is loaded with bad teams and someone has to win those games.

If we'd played their schedule then we'd also be 4-0. As would probably 40 or 50 other teams.

Wexahu

I'd imagine we beat them by 2 TDs or more. Much worse than that if we play them at home. I've seen them play. They're not good. At all. They'll probably finish with 6 wins but only because that conference is loaded with bad teams and someone has to win those games.

If we'd played their schedule then we'd also be 4-0. As would probably 40 or 50 other teams.

I don't disagree but I hate the what-ifs. If we're better than them that will show in the rankings here in the next few weeks. At this point it's not surprising that a 4-0 team who is beating teams by an average of 30 points is ranked higher than a 2-2 team that just looked pretty crappy.

CountryFrog

I don't disagree but I hate the what-ifs. If we're better than them that will show in the rankings here in the next few weeks. At this point it's not surprising that a 4-0 team who is beating teams by an average of 30 points is ranked higher than a 2-2 team that just looked pretty crappy.
I hear you on the what if game and agree 100% because I hate it too. But in this screwed up system where it's almost all based off opinion then that's the way you have to think about it.

It is early so I don't care about the rankings. I can still see something that I think is dumb and point it out, though, while understanding it doesn't actually mean anything right now.