• The KillerFrogs

This kid is a turnover machine!!

Sr is going to personally lose us more games this year than he will win. He is the worst QB in big 12 but he is also the most talented. He is very immature and you have to question his football IQ right now. I have no doubt he can turn it around and all of these things can improve but it won't be this season. We are in for a very long and painful season where bowl eligibility is a question mark. We are going to lose a lot of games because of our QB play. I've come to realize this morning the season is lost cause and best tcu can hope for is 6-6/7-5 type of year where u sneak into a bowl. That being said hopefully all of the many losses and bad QB play ahead in 2018 is a learning experience and position tcu for success in 2019. Sucks though knowing u prob gonna lose heading in week in week out for this season.

I am sick of watching SR do something stupid on the field, and then going to the sidelines and smile. It is not funny. Texas's QB is a sophomore also. He did not make stupid plays. I say the Andy Dalton rule should be brought back. You turn the ball over, you sit on the bench.
Have you ever competed at the collegiate level or above?

Getting mad and dwelling on mistakes doesn’t help. Sports psychologists will tell you some of the most successful athletes have very short memories. They almost live in a state of denial to some degree. I’d rather see him laugh off a mistake than get mad, which would likely lead to him doing something stupid.

Have you ever competed at the collegiate level or above?

Getting mad and dwelling on mistakes doesn’t help. Sports psychologists will tell you some of the most successful athletes have very short memories. They almost live in a state of denial to some degree. I’d rather see him laugh off a mistake than get mad, which would likely lead to him doing something stupid.

Not to bag on your theory but he is laughing now and he still goes out and makes more stupid arse decisions that lead to more turnovers. At this point I don't think the laughing is helping shake it off and maybe he should try a new coping method

CountryFrog

Would everyone be more satisfied if our QB went to the sideline and threw his helmet after every mistake? Maybe take out a couple water coolers? How about crying? If you saw tears in his eyes after every bad throw then would you all sleep better at night?

Of course not. We just want him to play better. No one would feel even slightly better about any turnover just because they saw a player get mad about it. None of us have any idea what is going on inside his head. There's enough piling on that you're all doing based on his performance. I see no need to start speculating about his psychological state and criticizing him for that too.

Not to bag on your theory but he is laughing now and he still goes out and makes more stupid arse decisions that lead to more turnovers. At this point I don't think the laughing is helping shake it off and maybe he should try a new coping method
Good god. I hesitate to even take you seriously because you only show up when things are bad. I’ll say this...it’s obvious you know nothing about sports performance. Shawn is likely going to keep making mistakes for a while, just like nearly every QB has. His attitude will dictate how quickly he learns. His attitude shows self confidence right now, not fear or anger. He’ll be alright.

It's not a good look to go off the field and start laughing/smiling/goofing around after a boneheaded decision that lead to a turnover in a game where your team is getting whipped because of you. He doesn't need to throw helmet/start crying either but he should act like it matters and he is taking his seriously.

Moose Stuff

A lot of you need to take your purple shades off and look at the numbers. We are losing games at the quarterback position.

With that said, I think Robinson is our best option. There will be some heart burn but that’s the way it goes with a sophomore QB.

Lastly, it’s clear that a lot of folks that obviously took the Boykin years for granted. It could be a long time before we see something like that again.

Nobody is wearing purple shades here. We all see the turnovers same as you do and no one thinks SR played well AT ALL. But there’s a rational way to analyze how he played and then there’s the huge faction of this board that reacts to every loss/poor performance like a petulant 3 year old who just had his favorite cartoon turned off. Its a pathetic look.

Moose Stuff

I think the Andy Dalton rule goes into effect... You turn the ball over.... you sit....

We've got additional problems besides QB play. OL issues, wide receiver blocking issues, maybe punting issues now, we should of had a lockdown corner surface today for all this TCU defensive backfield preseason hype. Texas' corners looked better and that wasn't saying much. At least they poked the ball out three times.

Gary makes the big boy money and will get this fixed. Looking like an 8-4 season now, unless they catch fire and handle OU at home. We need to tackle better and quit bouncing off runners.

I don’t have the slightest problem with 8-4 if I’m being honest.

Good god. I hesitate to even take you seriously because you only show up when things are bad. I’ll say this...it’s obvious you know nothing about sports performance. Shawn is likely going to keep making mistakes for a while, just like nearly every QB has. His attitude will dictate how quickly he learns. His attitude shows self confidence right now, not fear or anger. He’ll be alright.
I agree his attitude will dictate how quickly he learns. There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance and I think he is trending towards the later. He needs to learn from mistakes not make them over and over again because this time he is confident it will work out. He has established a trend that he is careless with the ball and I don't see that changing this season. I
it would take a miracle for this thing to hit 8-4 but I'd take it as well. 6-6 looking more like the best case scenario as we sit today.

netty2424

5 turnovers in two games by a QB is no bueno. I think sitting the rest of the game would have been appropriate. Let SR cool his heels before handing him back the ball next week for ISU.
I think the fact that he wasn't pulled sooner tells us all that the QB battle was no where near what they hyped it up to be. And I'm not a fan of pulling guys after a mistake. But there's a lot of turnovers in 2 games. Sometimes just letting a kid step back and watch/get coached up a little bit pays dividends.

That was my preseason prediction. I still think this team wins next week. They come back after the bye at home vs Tech and then home after a couple of extra days to prepare for OU. Let’s see where we are then.

And drawing judgments about players based on facial expressions is about as valid as reading tea leaves.

Moose Stuff

That was my preseason prediction. I still think this team wins next week. They come back after the bye at home vs Tech and then home after a couple of extra days to prepare for OU. Let’s see where we are then.

And drawing judgments about players based on facial expressions is about as valid as reading tea leaves.

We’ve found a rational poster! Amazing.

No reason we can’t be 4-2 going into OU and even if we lose that one there’s no reason we can’t be 6-3 two weeks later.

Pharm Frog

I think the fact that he wasn't pulled sooner tells us all that the QB battle was no where near what they hyped it up to be. And I'm not a fan of pulling guys after a mistake. But there's a lot of turnovers in 2 games. Sometimes just letting a kid step back and watch/get coached up a little bit pays dividends.

There are other possibilities than the closeness of the QB competition.