• The KillerFrogs

This is not a Top 25 baseball team....

FrogBall09

Yes the staff was here last year so like the rest of us they know who he is- he is the reigning Big 12 tournament MVP. It is these other guys getting AB's ahead of him who nobody has any clue who they are.
Obviously you are trying to make a point without stating it - so why do you think they are not playing Porter since you don’t accept anyone else’s perspective?

FrogBall09

I'm simply plainly stating that he is the reigning Big 12 tournament MVP. That is who he is.
No that is who he was at the end of last year

It’s also why he has had more DH at bats than anyone else on the roster this year

But in the current year he is hitting below the Mendoza line

Not sure what you are expecting given his struggles this year - team is desperate for a DH so if he were even hitting .250 he would when locked up the job already

But no one that isn’t really solid defensively is going to see a lot of playing time hitting well below .200

hometown frog

I'm simply plainly stating that he is the reigning Big 12 tournament MVP. That is who he is.
And sandwiched on both ends of that tournament MVP season he’s batting sub .190 the other two years. So which one is he? The great streak in 2021 or how he hit in 2020 or how he’s hitting so far in 2022?

FrogBall09

And sandwiched on both ends of that tournament MVP season he’s batting sub .190 the other two years. So which one is he? The great streak in 2021 or how he hit in 2020 or how he’s hitting so far in 2022?
he did have a pretty solid Freshman year also - so I get the original question - I just think his performance this year when he has had a chance is the obvious answer.

However, when we have truly run out of options to try at DH - if everyone is struggling, then Porter would definitely be my choice to leave in the DH spot and hope he returns to what we know he is capable of...

But only after we have exhausted the remaining option of Goodloe when Byrne is catching and Byrne when Petrie is catching once he returns.

if that doesn't work, than I do think Brown is the best option because at that point - we go with the best hope and pray he works himself back into top form.

Spike

What's frustrating is that it shouldn't be hard to figure out. A good friend of mine used to say, "This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.
You lolligag in the infield. You lolligag in the outfield. What does that make us?

Spike

No that is who he was at the end of last year

It’s also why he has had more DH at bats than anyone else on the roster this year

But in the current year he is hitting below the Mendoza line

Not sure what you are expecting given his struggles this year - team is desperate for a DH so if he were even hitting .250 he would when locked up the job already

But no one that isn’t really solid defensively is going to see a lot of playing time hitting well below .200
Bonus points for Mendoza line reference

Bob Sugar

You lolligag in the infield. You lolligag in the outfield. What does that make us?

Need Byrne to start being the QB we need.

d876e90c-811e-4627-b290-c31e991f391a_text.gif

Dman890

I wonder what people will say about this team after we lose all 3 to Texas this weekend. This team can't hit, and our pitching isn't going to get any better than it was last night...so we're going to have to score more today and tomorrow. We just don't have it this year.

Pharm Frog

I wonder what people will say about this team after we lose all 3 to Texas this weekend. This team can't hit, and our pitching isn't going to get any better than it was last night...so we're going to have to score more today and tomorrow. We just don't have it this year.
Following