• The KillerFrogs

This is a very good young team

y2kFrog

agreed.
We have a good number of Sr and Jr guys on the two deep. I don't see us being any younger than most out there.
We are young at QB, who has to be the best player on the team.
That said, his accuracy has been pretty bad at times. His big plays come when he has to do it on his own. So, is that the offensive line? Is it the rcvrs? If so, what will it be like next year when we are honestly young on O line and lose some key rcvrs?

Our defense is littered with true and redshirt freshman since the Baylor game. Julius Lewis hardly plays, Gaines/Blackshear are gone (I guess, really haven't hear). Since they left it seems out defense has improved somewhat. Gladney will be missed but I like what I see from Stewart and Hodges-Tomlinson, Washington and Bradford. Offense is a little different story, but we have the QB figured out finally which is very important.

Mean Purple

I'm not sure a good offensive line would be very effective in this offense and I'm not sure there's a defensive coach on earth that could hide the talent deficiencies we have at DE.

It's one thing to be not performing all that well, that's how I'd describe the O-line. On the other hand, we have some d-lineman playing that are completely overmatched physically.
I can see your point.
And I don't think experience or being a "young team" has to do with either.

Moose Stuff

I'm not sure a good offensive line would be very effective in this offense and I'm not sure there's a defensive coach on earth that could hide the talent deficiencies we have at DE.

It's one thing to be not performing all that well, that's how I'd describe the O-line. On the other hand, we have some d-lineman playing that are completely overmatched physically.

Do you think the 3 freshmen might get bigger? Also, your first comment.... speechless. Not one other human on earth has ever put those words together.

Wexahu

Do you think the 3 freshmen might get bigger?

I hope so. The discussion was which position was more problematic and a bigger position of need, the O-line or DE. I'm more optimistic about our young O-lineman developing than our young DEs, let's just put it that way. But obviously, yes, they should improve to some degree.

Mean Purple

Our defense is littered with true and redshirt freshman since the Baylor game. Julius Lewis hardly plays, Gaines/Blackshear are gone (I guess, really haven't hear). Since they left it seems out defense has improved somewhat. Gladney will be missed but I like what I see from Stewart and Hodges-Tomlinson, Washington and Bradford. Offense is a little different story, but we have the QB figured out finally which is very important.
Do we have the qb figured out? Look, I am one of the biggest Max homers on here. We are a 2 win team without him. But I won't dismiss concerns about the accuracy. Can we really count on the staff to develop him to his potential?
How much of Kenny's improvement was staff developing him vs him having a year of the system under his belt and the ability he came with shining through. Last year, we had a qb who tossed away games who had been in the system and in games.

y2kFrog

Do we have the qb figured out? Look, I am one of the biggest Max homers on here. We are a 2 win team without him. But I won't dismiss concerns about the accuracy. Can we really count on the staff to develop him to his potential?
How much of Kenny's improvement was staff developing him vs him having a year of the system under his belt and the ability he came with shining through. Last year, we had a qb who tossed away games who had been in the system and in games.

Yes we do. I am 100% sold. He will be much better next year too.

Wexahu

This seems to be a foreign concept to some, but there is also a chance they might become better players in the off season too.

Right, but you're kind of forgetting the point, which was DE being a bigger concern that O-line. I could just as easily say we have a bunch of freshman OL, wouldn't it be reasonable to think they are going to become better players by next year? Why would anyone be that worried about them?

The bottom line is, age or experience notwithstanding, the performance of the DE group this year has been by far the worst of any position group I've ever seen in a TCU team. It needs to get drastically better by next year.

VA Froggie

I have read about all now. No offensive line, can’t catch the ball, Gary is complacent, staff is horrible, recruits don’t like the system. I think we should drop football, we don’t have a chance. Any other positive comments out there to be offered? Here is a good idea, let’s support Baylor and Texas.......

This is a good TCU system and a growing team that is doing better than the start of the season. Y’all have a good day.

Go Frogs.......

Moose Stuff

I have read about all now. No offensive line, can’t catch the ball, Gary is complacent, staff is horrible, recruits don’t like the system. I think we should drop football, we don’t have a chance. Any other positive comments out there to be offered? Here is a good idea, let’s support Baylor and Texas.......

This is a good TCU system and a growing team that is doing better than the start of the season. Y’all have a good day.

Go Frogs.......

Your opinion doesn’t count. You can’t even fly in for all the games.

Eight

Do you think the 3 freshmen might get bigger? Also, your first comment.... speechless. Not one other human on earth has ever put those words together.

can? yes ....will? that has to play out, the de from mesquite horn never seemed to gain much weight though i don't know it that was lack of time in the weight room or just that overshown was one of those guys who just won't get bigger.

colt i think already is bigger than the listed 235 and he shows at time some strength for a true freshman, mathis and bowen have similar builds and i am not sure how big they will get and i have never seen armstrong so i don't know what type of frame he has for carrying weight. plant is a big kid and the key with him will be developing the strength to hold the edge.

the freshmen linebacker actually have some size to them for their age and i think we will see that strength develop.

the question at defensive end is how soon do we see that needed size and strength which is why i think bringing in at least one juco/grad transfer de is critical.

Moose Stuff

can? yes ....will? that has to play out, the de from mesquite horn never seemed to gain much weight though i don't know it that was lack of time in the weight room or just that overshown was one of those guys who just won't get bigger.

colt i think already is bigger than the listed 235 and he shows at time some strength for a true freshman, mathis and bowen have similar builds and i am not sure how big they will get and i have never seen armstrong so i don't know what type of frame he has for carrying weight. plant is a big kid and the key with him will be developing the strength to hold the edge.

the freshmen linebacker actually have some size to them for their age and i think we will see that strength develop.

the question at defensive end is how soon do we see that needed size and strength which is why i think bringing in at least one juco/grad transfer de is critical.

I agree we need a veteran transfer. But it needs to me someone that can actually play and not just a warm body. We already have one of those.

jake102

We have huge holes at DL and OL to fill next year. I feel better about OL because they're awful this year anyways.

Mathis needs to get a LOT better and we need someone else to step up. Also, Wallow and LB2 need to play better.

Offense - we need 2-3 new, quality OL, 2-3 quality WR. And a new OC. Big hurdle