• The KillerFrogs

This is a very good young team

TX_Krötenechse

If coaching doesn’t improve the team won’t improve. Our current cast of coaches isn’t going to get any better without major changes, with the possible exception of the three young guys.

that being said I imagine we’ll limp our way into a fourth-tier bowl game and keep our current staff intact. Maybe bring in a new analyst. Next season we’ll just have to hope that our receivers learn to play football and that our OL starts to be effective.

Realtorfrog

Just walked in from seeing King George....... the score looks close but the stats are out of whack. Wake up and watch the recording in the morn.

Froggish

You're obviously right on the first point and I would bet that you're right on the second but I just can't bring myself to see where a starting QB leaves over an underperforming (to say the least) OC being shown the door so long as a reasonable replacement that could improve his situation is hired. Everything I've seen from Max would tell me he's committed to this team and isn't a guy who would take his ball and go home over what would seemingly be an obviously understandable situation.

Remember all the “careful what you wish for” talk GP was throwing around a couple of weeks ago? 99% SCs relationship with Max and others is what he was referring to.

Remember all the “careful what you wish for” talk GP was throwing around a couple of weeks ago? 99% SCs relationship with Max and others is what he was referring to.
On the one hand, I'm aware of that. On the other, I've pretty much decided that much of the GP stream of consciousness ramblings during press conferences has very little to do with anything other than his desire to not really give a pointed answer to a given question.

robbroyy

Players tend to bond with each other more than coaches. They know when the coaches aren’t getting the job done and Max’s father being a coach should give him a perspective that these things happen.

I don’t think SC gets fired without a clear replacement in mind. I mean all you have to say to Max if it’s Chad Morris is “You’ll learn under the guy that developed Deshaun Watson.”

Now I don’t know if Chads a definitive upgrade but he’s one that at least has a history of recruiting and developing QBs. His history at Clemson would make me believe he is.

Moose Stuff

Seems weird to be concerned that firing Cumbie *may* have some impact on players or commits. So let’s just keep being a below average offense just so we don’t potentially lose a few players?

cumbie needs to go.

I’d bet quite a bit that Sonny isn’t going anywhere.

4th. down

Players tend to bond with each other more than coaches. They know when the coaches aren’t getting the job done and Max’s father being a coach should give him a perspective that these things happen.

I don’t think SC gets fired without a clear replacement in mind. I mean all you have to say to Max if it’s Chad Morris is “You’ll learn under the guy that developed Deshaun Watson.”

Now I don’t know if Chads a definitive upgrade but he’s one that at least has a history of recruiting and developing QBs. His history at Clemson would make me believe he is.

Riley as an OC cannot win with this offensive line.

Froggy Style

I think this thread is full of blinders. Our defense was killed and despite Gary finally changing his defense that he should have done two years ago. He's be back to the 4-2-5 for Lincoln and others to abuse with their mobile QBs in short order. We were lucky they stopped running and passed for two plays to give us a pick 6. 14 point swing. Then we got luckier with a strip at the 5. 7 Point swing. Truth is, LR went conservative because he knew we couldn't score.

Coaches are taking no risks because we're so predictable and they can get a lead on us and hold it.

BTW, our problem isn't needing better DE's, we need bigger DL to play only three squeezed DL...if Gary will stick with the 3-3-5 or whatever Matt Cambell calls it.

Oh, and fire Cumbie yesterday...we should have won if he wasn't the worst of all time. One good drive against a suspect defense.

Moose Stuff

I think this thread is full of blinders. Our defense was killed and despite Gary finally changing his defense that he should have done two years ago. He's be back to the 4-2-5 for Lincoln and others to abuse with their mobile QBs in short order. We were lucky they stopped running and passed for two plays to give us a pick 6. 14 point swing. Then we got luckier with a strip at the 5. 7 Point swing. Truth is, LR went conservative because he knew we couldn't score.

Coaches are taking no risks because we're so predictable and they can get a lead on us and hold it.

BTW, our problem isn't needing better DE's, we need bigger DL to play only three squeezed DL...if Gary will stick with the 3-3-5 or whatever Matt Cambell calls it.

Oh, and fire Cumbie yesterday...we should have won if he wasn't the worst of all time. One good drive against a suspect defense.

Our defense of mostly freshmen held OU to 70 yards and 17 points below their average and gave up 7 points in the last 43 minutes of the game. If you can’t find anything positive in that then I can’t help you.

Last edited:

Js96

I don’t understand the constant negativity. There is comments by people we didn’t even deserve to be that close yesterday, the defense made a few plays to keep us in the game. Should we have given back the defensive TD and say we didn’t deserve that. Changes can be made, but I think the team is improving. No one shuts down Oklahoma’s offense. On Cumbie, fine if you replace him, but it’s not all in him. The receiver drops and Dugan misses wide open receivers down the field. How is that on the coaching staff? Dugan will improve and start hitting these deep routes, this team is going to turn into a good team for the next few years.