• The KillerFrogs

This is a very good young team

LVH

IMO Defensive End is a much bigger issue. A couple of those guys are young and might have bright futures but the play and production we are getting right now at the two end spots makes playing good defense almost impossible. It’s hard to watch at times.

Brock Huard was calling this out tonight in the first half, saying how hard it is to play good defense when your end play is so bad and pointed out how much our ends were struggling.

Our end play had improved since the Iowa State game but if you remember the SMU/Iowa State games our end play was the worst I have ever seen at TCU, even worse than that 2004 season. It got better because I am guessing we were able to scheme around that weakness but OU has too good of a line and too many weapons to be able to scheme around bad end play.

Wexahu

I agree it’s a big issue and even bigger if we persist in the 4-2-5. Still think the O Line is a bigger issue.

At least we seem to recruiting decently for the O-line. A few of these guys that hopefully are developing at least have some pedigree and size. On the other hand we’re probably going to be scouring the JUCO ranks again just to find warm bodies to play DE. Mathis and Ellison need to grow up fast.

MTfrog5

At least we seem to recruiting decently for the O-line. A few of these guys that hopefully are developing at least have some pedigree and size. On the other hand we’re probably going to be scouring the JUCO ranks again just to find warm bodies to play DE. Mathis and Ellison need to grow up fast.
Actually thought they played an ok game. Think they will be fine next year

Moose Stuff

Did Coker ever play tonight?

Froggish

I like where we are headed with recruiting OL and Def Line..We just need to get bigger and stronger at DE..Mathis and Ellison are
playing 25 pounds to light and yet are still to slow.

Wexahu

Actually thought they played an ok game. Think they will be fine next year

Those gigantic holes that OU was running through all night? I went back and rewinded a lot of plays. Guess who the culprits were almost without exception. So easily blocked.

MTfrog5

Those gigantic holes that OU was running through all night? I went back and rewinded a lot of plays. Guess who the culprits were almost without exception. So easily blocked.
But my question is was it the LB fault. Colt crashed a lot and seemed like the LB or safety was late filling the hole.

Wexahu

Brock Huard was calling this out tonight in the first half, saying how hard it is to play good defense when your end play is so bad and pointed out how much our ends were struggling.

Our end play had improved since the Iowa State game but if you remember the SMU/Iowa State games our end play was the worst I have ever seen at TCU, even worse than that 2004 season. It got better because I am guessing we were able to scheme around that weakness but OU has too good of a line and too many weapons to be able to scheme around bad end play.

It was honestly the worst I have ever seen. Granted, it’s not like I study defense much, most of my spare time is spent defending the CFP committee, but I was shocked at how poor the play was.

Don’t think they realize that if certain coaches leave, current commits won’t come and kids in the team will leave. If Cumbie is fired it would not shock me to see Duggan transfer

This is a ridiculous argument. What starting QB at a P5 program leaves because an OC who only figured out how to get his QB 65 yards of passing in a game and who has been willing to get his freshman QB killed in order to make up for his own inadequacies has ever left a program because a guy like that got fired? There isn't any so it's a complete non-starter to even make the suggestion.

Moose Stuff

This is a ridiculous argument. What starting QB at a P5 program leaves because an OC who only figured out how to get his QB 65 yards of passing in a game and who has been willing to get his freshman QB killed in order to make up for his own inadequacies has ever left a program because a guy like that got fired? There isn't any so it's a complete non-starter to even make the suggestion.

He’s also the guy who recruited him and has a great relationship with him sooooo......