• The KillerFrogs

They tried to tell us with our season slogan

steelfrog

Tier 1
Gary on his pregame interview with Brian explained seriously that the reason his defense is not working is that all of the other coaches got together and talked about what plays work against his defense. First of all, as if they really did that, it’s not illegal. Second of all, the chances of them actually having done that art virtually zero and they are all capable of watching game film and seeing what works and what does not work against Gary’s porous defense. Maybe Gary should spend more time innovating

Pharm Frog

Gary on his pregame interview with Brian explained seriously that the reason his defense is not working is that all of the other coaches got together and talked about what plays work against his defense. First of all, as if they really did that, it’s not illegal. Second of all, the chances of them actually having done that art virtually zero and they are all capable of watching game film and seeing what works and what does not work against Gary’s porous defense. Maybe Gary should spend more time innovating

Maybe he should spend more time retiring.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Or teaching a current team to tackle!!

Worst LBrs in 20 years

Froggy Style

I agree with him. They have ALL figured him out...and he can't adjust. If he were good, he would have adjusted when just three or four had him figured out. Nope, he can't...he just points to an article from 17 years ago stating he has been figured out and says it's not true, then it is true...but it's a conspiracy. Next he'll blame the other coaches, and finally he'll be left by himself and his best man. Two old farts who have brought nobody along to make them a coach...Gary's too busy yelling at them for screwing up and not doing what he knew they should have done different. Perhaps they'll assess how to do better in the offseason. Why not this season you ask?...well, perhaps the reporter will ask him that...next season.

Pharm Frog

Been wondering about that coaching collaboration and what it may have sounded like:

Moderator: “Please take your seats gentlemen. We’re here to discuss how to best attack Gary Patterson’s legendary defense. Please don’t use real names. Now we’re all here except for Linc…um…I mean Coach R.”

Coach G: “Coach R said to tell you that he has something more important and difficult to attend to. Something about reading a children’s book to a Norman elementary school class. He said to just look at any film of any OU versus TCU game and you’ll learn everything you need to know.”

Coach W: “Yeah but we don’t all have the talent Coach R does. I’ve found success just running between the tackles…oh…and the edges too. Nearly forgot about that.”

Coach S: “I like to get into 3rd and longs and run my QBs between the hash marks. Seems to work a lot.”

Coach D: “Yes…we do that too but have you ever thought about just leaking a RB into the flat or on a wheel route. Haven’t seen them adjust to that. Oh…and always pre-snap motion…sends Gary into a spastic tizzy trying to get version four or five of his signals in. It’s really quite amusing to watch.”

Coach W: “We like the wheel route too but have equal success lining up our best receiver in the slot and going vertical.”

Coach H: “That’s what Coach R does too. Personally we just like to throw it deep. A lot. Seems like their safeties have no idea they can help defend…Oh…and shallow crosses too. Complete confusion when you cross from man to zone sides. Those work pretty good.”

Moderator: “But what about when Gary makes in-game adjustments?”

Collective: raucous laughter

Coach B: “I like to use my tight end on short outs or down the seam. It’s like they’ve never seen a tight end before. Did someone mention that you can just run straight at them?”

Moderator: “Well I can see y’all have your work cut out for you choosing what you want to do. Sometimes too many options are worse than too few. Um…Coach W…do you have a final question?”

Coach W: “Not a question but more of a suggestion. In all the pre and post game media appearances I’d suggest telling everyone just what a genius Gary Patterson is. Use words like guru, wizard, savant….Makes him all squishy inside.”

Moderator: “Good point. Any last words before we conclude and pass out his defensive signals?”

Coach S: “Now that’s funny stuff right there. We’ve had his defensive signals for a little over a decade.”

Moderator: “Meeting adjourned.”

steelfrog

Tier 1
Been wondering about that coaching collaboration and what it may have sounded like:

Moderator: “Please take your seats gentlemen. We’re here to discuss how to best attack Gary Patterson’s legendary defense. Please don’t use real names. Now we’re all here except for Linc…um…I mean Coach R.”

Coach G: “Coach R said to tell you that he has something more important and difficult to attend to. Something about reading a children’s book to a Norman elementary school class. He said to just look at any film of any OU versus TCU game and you’ll learn everything you need to know.”

Coach W: “Yeah but we don’t all have the talent Coach R does. I’ve found success just running between the tackles…oh…and the edges too. Nearly forgot about that.”

Coach S: “I like to get into 3rd and longs and run my QBs between the hash marks. Seems to work a lot.”

Coach D: “Yes…we do that too but have you ever thought about just leaking a RB into the flat or on a wheel route. Haven’t seen them adjust to that. Oh…and always pre-snap motion…sends Gary into a spastic tizzy trying to get version four or five of his signals in. It’s really quite amusing to watch.”

Coach W: “We like the wheel route too but have equal success lining up our best receiver in the slot and going vertical.”

Coach H: “That’s what Coach R does too. Personally we just like to throw it deep. A lot. Seems like their safeties have no idea they can help defend…Oh…and shallow crosses too. Complete confusion when you cross from man to zone sides. Those work pretty good.”

Coach B: “I like to use my tight end on short outs or down the seam. It’s like they’ve never seen a tight end before. Did someone mention that you can just run straight at them?”

Moderator: “Well I can see y’all have your work cut out for you choosing what you want to do. Sometimes too many options are worse than too few. Um…Coach W…do you have a final question?”

Coach W: “Not a question but more of a suggestion. In all the pre and post game media appearances I’d suggest telling everyone just what a genius Gary Patterson is. Use words like guru, wizard, savant….Makes him all squishy inside.”

Moderator: “Good point. Any last words before we conclude and pass out his defensive signals?”

Coach S: “Now that’s funny stuff right there. We’ve had his defensive signals for a little over a decade.”

This is genius!

TCUWIN

So they got together and said run the football. What a bunch of offensive geniuses in this conference!!!

TCUWIN

Surely you forgot the coach who said he liked to get in 4th down and fake a punt. It got so easy that people have quit doing it.

Froggy Style

What is a bit pathetic about the coach conspiracy against him is that Gary seems to have lost his mind a little here. They are stealing his signs and now having a reunion to talk about what plays beat him. Gary, it's called a run pass option..and you still haven't figured it out that if you run blitz, they can just decide to throw a quick pass. Perhaps you should employ the same. Uh, isn't it your job to assess what types of plays beat you? You are just shocked that your defense sucks now...or maybe you realize it sucks and need a lame excuse rather than admitting you're not going to spend time coming up with new plays...you have songs to write.

He's starting a war with the fans by posting pics on Instagram or Twitter or saying if they don't bribe his players, they will leave him. Or, you're the problem GP.

Then he gets into it with Fowler and Herbie saying they are in a conspiracy against him because they aren't giving him credit for D Foster being a great RB. Uh, so great he had zero carries. Fowler even said he called Gary out for the ludicrous nature of the statement.

Gary seems to have a million excuses, but has only gotten worse. Just too stubborn or dense...which is what an enormous paycheck will do for you.

Time to hang 'em up Gary.

TCUWIN

I agree with him. They have ALL figured him out...and he can't adjust. If he were good, he would have adjusted when just three or four had him figured out. Nope, he can't...he just points to an article from 17 years ago stating he has been figured out and says it's not true, then it is true...but it's a conspiracy. Next he'll blame the other coaches, and finally he'll be left by himself and his best man. Two old farts who have brought nobody along to make them a coach...Gary's too busy yelling at them for screwing up and not doing what he knew they should have done different. Perhaps they'll assess how to do better in the offseason. Why not this season you ask?...well, perhaps the reporter will ask him that...next season.
I always wondered why they took that from him…all the yelling. But now I see. They can’t get another job.

Eight

What is a bit pathetic about the coach conspiracy against him is that Gary seems to have lost his mind a little here. They are stealing his signs and now having a reunion to talk about what plays beat him. Gary, it's called a run pass option..and you still haven't figured it out that if you run blitz, they can just decide to throw a quick pass. Perhaps you should employ the same. Uh, isn't it your job to assess what types of plays beat you? You are just shocked that your defense sucks now...or maybe you realize it sucks and need a lame excuse rather than admitting you're not going to spend time coming up with new plays...you have songs to write.

He's starting a war with the fans by posting pics on Instagram or Twitter or saying if they don't bribe his players, they will leave him. Or, you're the problem GP.

Then he gets into it with Fowler and Herbie saying they are in a conspiracy against him because they aren't giving him credit for D Foster being a great RB. Uh, so great he had zero carries. Fowler even said he called Gary out for the ludicrous nature of the statement.

Gary seems to have a million excuses, but has only gotten worse. Just too stubborn or dense...which is what an enormous paycheck will do for you.

Time to hang 'em up Gary.

the saddest part of this is that it has been known for quite some time that a collection of coaches with ties (kingsbury, holgerson, riley, etc... had during the off-season shared ideas on how to attack gary's defense.

guess what, that happens at all levels of coaching, especially if you stay in one play for a bit of time which he has been running the same defense for 10 years in the big 12 (know longer outside the conference).

anyone on this site who has or is coaching or knows people who do or did can tell you one of the most common questions in the off-season between coaches is "what did you do against whomever to have the success you did?' "how do you play fill in the blank"

this is what happens when you build the walls around your world higher and higher and cut off new ideas and concepts inside your program

Last edited: