• The KillerFrogs

The wise ones on this form still want Sewo at DE

asleep003

A few weeks ago, there were those professing a desire for the staff to move Jr. RB to DE for his his Sr. year. A season from now, we'll be wishing we had a large athletic RB in our rotation for 2020 … and at this time, we do not have one in sight.

Eight

A few weeks ago, there were those professing a desire for the staff to move Jr. RB to DE for his his Sr. year. A season from now, we'll be wishing we had a large athletic RB in our rotation for 2020 … and at this time, we do not have one in sight.

you are worried about the frogs offensive personnel 2 years from now?

gary and his staff aren't even done recruiting for this year and have another year so of all the areas i might be concerned about this roster the running back position in 2020 doesn't leap to the front of my mind

Moose Stuff

There might be one person who thinks that. And we just signed the top RB in Texas.

asleep003

There might be one person who thinks that. And we just signed the top RB in Texas.

Not talking about gifted 5'10'' 190ib RBs which we do need, but that back that can overcome a DL that has dominated/over matched our OL, such as Tues nite. Can't remember when we had a big back that was able to or did do what Sewo did ... in the last 8-10 years. So, we best be grateful for him at RB as we may not see another like that performance, considering what we usually recruit.

Last edited:

Wexahu

Not talking about gifted 5'10'' 190ib RBs which we do need, but that back that can overcome a DL that has dominated/over matched our OL, such as Tues nite.

That defense didn’t dominate our OL. Our OL played well.

I hate this. Our RBs don’t get many yards and it’s always the OLs fault. Then they go for over 250 yds and it’s because our running backs played great. It’s BS.

Armadillo

There was one proposing it and several that seemed to go along … yet very few
admonishing the idea, as though just complient/complacent with the Idea.

One. One on an internet fan forum. Of course “very few admonished the idea”, because it’s asinine to suggest it. One poster proposed it. And you title the tread “The Wise Ones” like there were numerous folks advancing that idea.

Cmon man.

TRF51

He had a great game and I am glad he was healthy to play but lets not act like he has been a great RB for us. He has been steady but I believe that was his first 100 yard game. He ran hard but the Oline had just as much to do with that performance as he did.

Moose Stuff

Not talking about gifted 5'10'' 190ib RBs which we do need, but that back that can overcome a DL that has dominated/over matched our OL, such as Tues nite. Can't remember when we had a big back that was able to or did do what Sewo did ... in the last 8-10 years. So, we best be grateful for him at RB as we may not see another like that performance, considering what we usually recruit.

We didn’t watch the same game.

asleep003

That defense didn’t dominate our OL. Our OL played well.

I hate this. Our RBs don’t get many yards and it’s always the OLs fault. Then they go for over 250 yds and it’s because our running backs played great. It’s BS.

If you want this exact OL lineup for next year... then another mediocre season. You didn't see a ridiculous pass rush on Muehl? Cal's D line rush forced most all those errant passes and the 4 interceptions.

Look at the difference between our 2 RBs ypc and tell me Sewo didn't make the difference and made OL look good. He was the terror, not the OL. We were 7th in rushing offense in B12(84th nationally).Demercado was below and Sewo was 2 yards above our season's ypc average, in the Chee-its Bowl.

You can give the game ball to the OL and most would probably give it to Sewo.

Last edited:

Wexahu

If you want this exact OL lineup for next year... then another mediocre season. You didn't see a ridiculous pass rush on Muehl? Cal's D line rush forced most all those errant passes and the 4 interceptions.

Look at the difference between our 2 RBs ypc and tell me Sewo didn't make the difference and made OL look good. He was the terror, not the OL. We were 7th in rushing offense in B12(84th nationally).Demercado was below and Sewo was 2 yards above our season's ypc average, in the Chee-its Bowl.

You can give the game ball to the OL and most will probably give it to Sewo.

Muehl was running from pressure that didn’t even exist in a lot of cases, and making terrible throws and decisions. And Sewo had holes to run through even though there was zero threat in the passing game, that’s why he ran for 190+ yards.

Eight

please stop........

It really is like there is some alternate universe and you watched a different game. There was not a ridiculous pass rush. The QB had a good pocket time after time and numerous opportunities to step up in the pocket and instead chose to bail and run sideways. The OL played what was probably their best game of the season.

flyfishingfrog

I still think he would be a better DE than an RB

I don’t think we can afford to have him switch, nor is there any chance he would at this point - but I think he would have been a potential all American at DE and he is at best an average, large framed RB than has great moments when he can remember to lean down hill and hit a hole directly in front of him

But he still can’t cut and will never fix that he runs too upright if he has to use his field of vision to adjust to the blocking