• The KillerFrogs

The Wichita Eagle: Why ESPN reportedly breaking up with the Big Ten could mean good news for Big 12

asleep003

Isn’t espn the group that just tried to break us up?
ESPN may be who Manipulates the breakup of the PAC within a couple years so the Big12 can poach 4-6 PAC members
allowing 1 contract with Big 12, which will included ESPN's West Coast late game needs.

Last edited:

Frog Brother

ESPN may be who Manipulates the breakup of the PAC within a couple years so the Big12 can poach 4-6 PAC members
allowing 1 contract with Big 12, which will included ESPN's West Coast late game needs.
It seems to me this could work in either direction. The World Wide Leader could also suggest to the PAC10 that four to six central time zone members could make for a better TV product and more lucrative TV contract. I guess as long as TCU remains Power 5 (4) I don't care too much h which league we eventually are in as long as we can bring along some schools to hate.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Last year’s Baylor game being a case in point.
Heh. That was sooo sweet...

My UT sister had a New Boyfriend, a Baylor type, and he spent the big dollars on a Suite for the game. I had offered them my seats, but, oh(!), that simply wasn't good enough. They invited friends, relatives, and were talking big the week leading into the game.

I never said a word. But, I sure smiled a lot.

LSU Game Attendee

Let the Big 10 have “Big Noon Saturday“
Already owned by CBSSN and the Army Team!
seat GIF

NewFrogFan

ESPN will just use their 24/7 blowhorn to run down the B1G. It'll be fun to watch!

Remember that ESPN has packed the voting members of all the major Awards with their employees, so they will have undue influence on who wins the Heisman, or the O'Brien Award. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the B1G hasn't got a chance at a post-season award.
If ESPN does not watch out those awards may get the same treatment Hollywood awards are getting from viewers.