• The KillerFrogs

The Washington Post: In a 12-team playoff, will anyone care who wins a conference title?

Wexahu

If it's an 8/12 then go with the AP Poll. This committee nonsense is all politics, unless forced they go with "name brands".

Damn Horned Frogs are messing with them...again.:cool:
"forced"?

How are they forced to do anything? Besides 2014 in your mind, name me one other situation where they went with name brands and should have picked somebody else.

The AP poll is stupid. Most of those voters barely pay attention to anything outside their region.

Creeperfrog

"forced"?

How are they forced to do anything? Besides 2014 in your mind, name me one other situation where they went with name brands and should have picked somebody else.

The AP poll is stupid. Most of those voters barely pay attention to anything outside their region.
I can agree to the AP. I have no interest or want to learn ab the likes of Illinois, Indiana, Purdue and such. I bet most ppl in the Midwest feel the same ab us

Planks

It should be 4, 8 or 16 Nobody should get a bye if you really want this to be a fair contest.

I think the idea is to intentionally NOT make it a fair contest. You want it to reward the teams that had the best regular season by giving them an advantage.

1-4 get a first round bye
5-8 get a first round home game
9-12 get a first round away game

Last edited:

HFrog1999

Just look at the first 4 rounds of the basketball tournament. Half empty arenas are the norm, and they even have 8 teams at each 1st and 2nd round site (I believe).

I don’t think they care though, as long as TV pays and the Bowl power brokers can get their cut.

TV definitely doesn’t care. But the Bowls that depend on bringing in traveling fans to generate millions of dollars for their local economies will not do well.

froglash88

So far I like everything about the 12 team playoff except for the committee. I think the best thing they did, if there were going to be 4 byes, is to reward the top 4 conference champions.

Wexahu

TV definitely doesn’t care. But the Bowls that depend on bringing in traveling fans to generate millions of dollars for their local economies will not do well.
Right, but they have trouble selling tickets to bowl games now, and they don’t really seem to care. They just keep adding more bowls.

Wexahu

So far I like everything about the 12 team playoff except for the committee. I think the best thing they did, if there were going to be 4 byes, is to reward the top 4 conference champions.
Would you like computers better? Gotta pick ‘em somehow.

Have you seen where we are ranked right now by the computers?

HFrog1999

Right, but they have trouble selling tickets to bowl games now, and they don’t really seem to care. They just keep adding more bowls.

TV has really hurt the fan experience for those that actually go to the games.

That’s why I don’t care when people [ hundin] about attendance.

Endless Purple

I prefer 8 over 12, but will follow either more than a 4 team. I do think that having more teams will help with parity in college football a little since other schools will be able to reasonably say they have a chance at the playoffs more so than now.

I prefer 8 teams with the highest ranked conference champions ranked in the top 12-15. Any spots not filled (should be at least 2 open spots most years) would be filled by at-large. The top 4 conference champions would host the first round.