• The KillerFrogs

The WAC is back playing football

The WAC membership timeline is something to behold:

01a9e76848a791af53df341a2af6cd11.png

Zubaz

This is actually horrifying if you look where it started and where it is now
It's pretty obvious looking at the timeline that the "real" WAC became the MWC in 1999, and then the official WAC backfilled those departures with SWC castoffs and a few others as replacements. Kinda like how the "real" Conference USA is now called "The American" (and the Big East that the American used to be is a basketball only conference now).

YA

It's pretty obvious looking at the timeline that the "real" WAC became the MWC in 1999, and then the official WAC backfilled those departures with SWC castoffs and a few others as replacements. Kinda like how the "real" Conference USA is now called "The American" (and the Big East that the American used to be is a basketball only conference now).
Except the MWC did not break out from the WAC before the SWC members joined. It was not till 3 years later the MWC formed

Zubaz

Except the MWC did not break out from the WAC before the SWC members joined. It was not till 3 years later the MWC formed
I know that. But the true core of the league, the teams that really made up the WAC, left in 1999.

OmniscienceFrog

I would say so...."Re" meaning again...."Occur" meaning it happens/happened....
Reoccur and recur are verbs that share a common root word. While they are very close in meaning, they are not the same. Something that is recurring happens over and over again, possibly at regular intervals. In contrast, something that is reoccurring is simply happening again but not always repeatedly.

so what you actually meant was reoccurring, not recurring then. I gotcha.

Froginbedford

Reoccur and recur are verbs that share a common root word. While they are very close in meaning, they are not the same. Something that is recurring happens over and over again, possibly at regular intervals. In contrast, something that is reoccurring is simply happening again but not always repeatedly.

so what you actually meant was reoccurring, not recurring then. I gotcha.

I bow to your omniscienceness....