• The KillerFrogs

The Spun: College Football Analysts Predict Michigan vs. TCU Score

Wexahu

Yea I misread that. Do you think that in terms of running the football or in pass protection?
I just don’t think your DL will dominate our OL. If you take guys out of the box, we’ll be able to run it. If you don’t, we can hurt you in the passing game. This thought that out OL will be overmatched is dumb.

Limey Frog

Yea I misread that. Do you think that in terms of running the football or in pass protection?
We didn't run between the tackles too well vs. K-State. We also felt a lot of pressure in our backfield vs. Texas and Texas Tech. Michigan could give us trouble in either or both pass rush/run defense; neither would be an unprecedented shock.

I just don’t think your DL will dominate our OL. If you take guys out of the box, we’ll be able to run it. If you don’t, we can hurt you in the passing game. This thought that out OL will be overmatched is dumb.
We’ve allowed 1 team to get to 5 YPC this year, and it was PSU that came on 1 Sean Clifford run that accounted for 70% of their yards.

You guys have eclipsed that mark 1 time against the best defenses you’ve played. The majority of that with Duggans legs

What makes you think this game would be different?

Eight

We’ve allowed 1 team to get to 5 YPC this year, and it was PSU that came on 1 Sean Clifford run that accounted for 70% of their yards.

You guys have eclipsed that mark 1 time against the best defenses you’ve played. The majority of that with Duggans legs

why is 5 ypc so critical for success on offense?

Kyle101011

For me I’m intrigued to see how we play with 4 weeks of rest. I thought 11 straight games was tough and we didn’t really put anyone away before the 4th quarter. So almost all of them were tough emotional/physical games. We might get blown out but either way I’m optimistic going into this one

why is 5 ypc so critical for success on offense?
I’d say that’s a pretty fair baseline of offensive and defensive line success in a given game.

Didn’t say anything about it being critical for an offense though.

However if you theoretically ran the football for 5 yards per carry the whole game you’d never be stopped.

Eight

I’d say that’s a pretty fair baseline of offensive and defensive line success in a given game.

Didn’t say anything about it being critical for an offense though.

However if you theoretically ran the football for 5 yards per carry the whole game you’d never be stopped.

oh, theoretical battles so in other words, last man with the chalk wins

the strength of the frogs has been to find a way to do what they need to do to win and they were able to do that 12 times

maybe they did it with the run game or throwing the ball or a bit of both or special teams or creating turnovers or making enough stops on defense

some believe that imposing their will is by forcing a style on their opponent and others believe it is finding a way to win to not break when your opponent thinks they have you beat

guess we will find out soon enough so bye blue bevo

oh, theoretical battles so in other words, last man with the chalk wins

the strength of the frogs has been to find a way to do what they need to do to win and they were able to do that 12 times

maybe they did it with the run game or throwing the ball or a bit of both or special teams or creating turnovers or making enough stops on defense

some believe that imposing their will is by forcing a style on their opponent and others believe it is finding a way to win to not break when your opponent thinks they have you beat

guess we will find out soon enough so bye blue bevo
That's your thing, eh? Blue Bevo?

One program has a record of 55-43 over the last 7 years and one program is 74-24

One program is 13-11 over the last 2 years and one program is 25-2

Comparing us to Texas is just a disrespectful as people saying TCU has no chance in this game.

Asinine

Eight

That's your thing, eh? Blue Bevo?

One program has a record of 55-43 over the last 7 years and one program is 74-24

One program is 13-11 over the last 2 years and one program is 25-2

Comparing us to Texas is just a disrespectful as people saying TCU has no chance in this game.

Asinine

the fact you can't see the similarities between the two of you only reconfirms to me just how much you are indeed blue bevo

smufrogger

But it was not just Boykin. Let us presume Boykin was a Baker Mayfield type player minus head case. 2014 TCU is still short a dozen NFL players. Who blocks Joey Bosa. Who stops Taylor Decker from road grading someone so that Elliot does not run for 80? Who stops Michael Thomas from high pointing the football?

But speaking of TCU, I will go out on a limb and state I think the 2022 version is better. I think the 2022 TCU has a real defense. 2022 TCU has two potential 1st round picks. I think Quentin Johnson is a better receiving prospect than Josh Doctson. The 2014 team had no one like your corner. Plus, I think Dugan is a better QB. Dugan compared to Boykin is bigger, just as fast, and has an NFL arm. Unlike Boykin who was a head case, Dugan is the heart and soul of the TCU football team and has shown he will go through walls to win. If I had to bet TCU 2022 verses TCU 2014, I pick Dugan and the 2022 team. Perhaps TCU's cap is a like a Baker Mayfield led OU. But that is certainly good enough to beat Michigan.
Clueless.