• The KillerFrogs

The Riff Ram sucks

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
So what, he should donate his time to a school that charges $60,000 a year for a student to go there? It’s a dumb as hell video, but the smartest thing abut the whole thing is that a student got paid big to shill for it.

GetToTheQB

It is simply an awful cheer. I looked at marquise brown and Ceedee lamb laugh at us for doing it. It was really cool during the 1990's but it makes us look like a bunch of absolute idiots. Cannot stand the chant and have even heard people boo when the student section leaders start it up after we score, which thankfully has not been much.

TooColdU

It is simply an awful cheer. I looked at marquise brown and Ceedee lamb laugh at us for doing it. It was really cool during the 1990's but it makes us look like a bunch of absolute idiots. Cannot stand the chant and have even heard people boo when the student section leaders start it up after we score, which thankfully has not been much.

I'd much rather get rid of them first, then the Riff Ram chant. Maybe if they didn't look like such dorks they'd be more tolerable. Plus, they remind me too much of yell leaders. We already have cheerleaders, there's no need for any other kind.

I hate those purple overalls. Reminds me too much of Wisconsin fans from the Rose Bowl.
wisconsin-badger-fans.jpg

apparently Nebraska fans wear them too.

calisuperfrog

+1 that video is the biggest buzzkill. Soooooo long and slow. Our general game day experience still can't decide what it wants to be...Happy Days dance cams/zimba or 2018 Rap/Techno generally played at the wrong time (slow when we need to pump up and fast when it's a down moment). It's painful to hear a 2 min. explanation of our old school Happy Days cheer.

Brevity Frog

Video is just awful.

The cheer is a little dorky but is uniquely ours and worth carrying forward. I’m glad the students do it.

Best gameday atmosphere this year was at Death Star IMO. No dance club music, lots of band music, fun crowd shots, no stupid commercials or promotions or people screaming into a microphone.

The TCU Football Jerk

So what, he should donate his time to a school that charges $60,000 a year for a student to go there? It’s a dumb as hell video, but the smartest thing abut the whole thing is that a student got paid big to shill for it.

Who said it was for a school that charges 60 grand???? I said he was asked to speak to kids. It was troubled kids at that. Try and keep up.

PO Frog

Video is just awful.

The cheer is a little dorky but is uniquely ours and worth carrying forward. I’m glad the students do it.

Best gameday atmosphere this year was at Death Star IMO. No dance club music, lots of band music, fun crowd shots, no stupid commercials or promotions or people screaming into a microphone.
Not brevity enough. Should have stopped after your first sentence.

LeagueCityFrog

Hopefully they leave that video in Fort Worth and don't play it at the Bowl Game. I thought it was cool during week 1, but it really seemed to suck the air out of the stadium more and more as the season went on.

kidkarr

The students have done well with the riff ram cheer this year. Now, the riff ram video, not so much.
Way late I know, but I moved to the student section after half and the sound/music there was way more exciting than in my seats. If they play the same stuff throughout the stadium, I have never heard it!