• The KillerFrogs

The Ridiculousness of College Football

Fiscuits

TCU should play only 3rd and 4th string guys against Iowa State. Lose 50-0. Who cares. This game means absolutely nothing. They should announce what they are doing, resting all their first and second string to get ready for the Big 12 Title game (and beyond). We have guys injured who should be able to reap the reward of clinching the title early. If this was our basketball team, or baseball team or literally any other collegiate sport it’s exactly what would happen.

But they can’t.

Because College Football is more corrupt than FIFA.

Rex Kramer

I’m fairly certain the CFP doesn’t engage slave labor to put on the playoff.

As for the rest of your post…

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

It’s the game we have to play unfortunately.

Wexahu

TCU should play only 3rd and 4th string guys against Iowa State. Lose 50-0. Who cares. This game means absolutely nothing. They should announce what they are doing, resting all their first and second string to get ready for the Big 12 Title game (and beyond). We have guys injured who should be able to reap the reward of clinching the title early. If this was our basketball team, or baseball team or literally any other collegiate sport it’s exactly what would happen.

But they can’t.

Not sure what you mean. If USC, LSU and Clemson lose another game, which is very possible, this game means everything. It might mean a lot anyway.

Wexahu

This year's Alabama is a good example of why I like the 4-team format and how exclusive it is. If we had a 12-team or even 8-team format, Bama would be sitting there just waiting for all this to be sorted out to see where they would play in the playoff, because they would be in. And not only would they be in, they'd have a real legitimate chance to win it all, because they are one of the best teams in the country. They would be favored today against everyone but Georgia and Ohio State, and even in those games underdogs by a very small margin.

But they lose a couple nail biters on the road to Top 10 caliber teams, and they are pretty much blocked from being a playoff team barring some bizarre things going on in the last couple weeks. I love that. That is what makes the college football regular season so great. And having that very slim margin for error in the regular season actually makes it easier for teams like TCU to 1) make the final four or 2) make the championship game.

HFrog1999

But they can’t.

I think we should rest our injured starters and win the game by at least 10 1/2.

bwnorx

What logic am I missing here OP? If we lose a game we’re def not going to the playoff. So why would we try to lose a game?

Fiscuits

L
What logic am I missing here OP? If we lose a game we’re def not going to the playoff. So why would we try to lose a game?
thats the point. In a normal “playoff” system, conference champs go to “the playoffs” 100% of the time. Thus, making a game (like the Iowa State game) where we have already clinched a spot in the title game, meaningless.

Fiscuits

I’m fairly certain the CFP doesn’t engage slave labor to put on the playoff.

As for the rest of your post…

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

It’s the game we have to play unfortunately.
The slave labor has been (up until NIL) on the backs of 18-22 year old kids who created a multi billion dollar a year enterprise while not benefitting one cent from it.

Eight

The slave labor has been (up until NIL) on the backs of 18-22 year old kids who created a multi billion dollar a year enterprise while not benefitting one cent from it.

so i gather you don't watch the games on tv nor actually attend in person as to not support such a corrupt system

Last edited:

Planks

L

thats the point. In a normal “playoff” system, conference champs go to “the playoffs” 100% of the time. Thus, making a game (like the Iowa State game) where we have already clinched a spot in the title game, meaningless.

In fairness, even in the new 12 team playoff format, the Iowa State game still be very meaningful. Only the top 4 conference champions get a bye week, and with USC and Clemson nipping at our heals, beating Iowa State or not would probably make the difference between getting a bye week or not for TCU. That’s a huge benefit, basically a free win in the first round of the playoffs.

Wexahu

Not benefiting one cent?

Before NIL, there were thousands and thousands of kids around the country who would’ve traded places with those “slaves” in a second. Probably a first in the history of slave labor.

So $200k+ scholarships for 18-22 year olds are worthless? I know some people who would disagree.

Moose Stuff

But they can’t.

Mario Lopez Football GIF

Fiscuits

so i gather you don't watch the games on tv nor actually attend in person as to no support such a corrupt system
So I gather you do not feel as if schools like TCU are going to have extra bias attributed towards them - due to no factor that originates off the field of play?

You feel as if Bama, OU or Texas were in our same shoes - they would have the exact same scrutiny as TCU gets, even though win or lose - we are in the Big 12 Title game regardless of Saturdays outcome?

Double V

L

It should be 6 teams with #1 and #2 getting a 1st round bye...

Fiscuits

Man, I suffered as a football slave for a few weeks, I just wasn’t quite big and fast enough to earn a position in longer term slavery. Lucky me!
Slave mentality - “I get a house, and food and a job!” While the master pays you nothing for this and makes millions (in this case billions) off of your efforts. Same as NCAA D1 Football players.