• The KillerFrogs

The Ridiculousness of College Football

NewFrogFan

This is my point. There are no “rules”…the system is corrupted. We lose to KState in the Big 12 Title Game - we’ll still have a better overall record and ranking….zero shot at a National Title and end up in a far lower bowl than the Sugar.

What other sport does this???!!!!
And Michigan loses to OSU, plays for and wins nothing in the Big 10, watch the uproar to get them in CFP. Losing, even once, and especially in a game deciding a conf champ, should have consequences that don’t also include playing for a NC over a conf champ w similar or better record. Joel Klatt nailed it with his description of brand bias.

Wexahu

And Michigan loses to OSU, plays for and wins nothing in the Big 10, watch the uproar to get them in CFP. Losing, even once, and especially in a game deciding a conf champ, should have consequences that don’t also include playing for a NC over a conf champ w similar or better record. Joel Klatt nailed it with his description of brand bias.
I’m gonna wait for the “uproar” for Michigan to get them in the CFP if they lose Saturday. I have a feeling I’ll be waiting a really long time.

How about letting things happen and seeing how teams are ranked and selected first before getting all worked up? I know you’re gonna complain no matter what but still….

bwnorx

I’m glad others are starting to realize how [ Finebaum ]ty it is that we could wind up in the Cotton bowl with one loss while 3 loss K state goes to the sugar bowl. By the way, we’d be playing a team that beat K state if its Tulane. I wonder what’s the most possible amount of losses for a team to get to its conf title game? I guess Iowa would be a good example. They might have 5 losses when they get to their title game and could thus be crowned conf champions and go to the rose bowl over a 1 loss team. It WON’T happen but it’s absurd that it COULD.

Pharm Frog

Comparing football players to slave labor is reprehensible.
Especially if you listened to the last two minutes of UT v BU. Personally I felt the commentary about paying Bijan Robinson to stay was disgusting and so off-putting I really wonder if I’d even be watching college football if it weren’t for the unexpectedly glorious season the Frogs are having.

Wexahu

Especially if you listened to the last two minutes of UT v BU. Personally I felt the commentary about paying Bijan Robinson to stay was disgusting and so off-putting I really wonder if I’d even be watching college football if it weren’t for the unexpectedly glorious season the Frogs are having.
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this season, much more than I thought I would. I also think it’s almost 100% because we are 11-0.

Not sure I’d care much at all if we were 7-4, like I used to, but I guess I’ll find out one of these years.

Eight

the interesting part about that is supposedly the guy is worth 6-7 M to bob g3 and if he is worth that for an 8-3 teams what is miller worth?

Dogfrog

WhenI heard RG3 say that Bijan should stay at Texas next year because they will pay him 5-6 million ( he is only making 2 million this season) I really started the process of losing interest.
If they don’t create some parameters around the process soon, I think it will end in dismal failure. A long time ago they forgot what the appeal of college football is.

bwnorx

Some of these NIL rich kids who jump to and fro in the portal are going to have a real rude awakening when they get into the league and have actual job standards