D/Thomas (4)
Conwright (1)

WR - BARBER (3)
D/Davis (3)
Barkley (1)

TE - WELLS (3)
Lynn (4)
A/Williams (1)

Q/White will be moved to OG. Patterson’s philosophy is to put best 5 OLinemen on field even if it means position change.

A/Williams was recruited basically as a TE but promised a shot at QB. He isn’t a college WB. He will move to TE very early in his freshman year.

Highly recruited OL Hayes will be placed at C unless an emergency develops elsewhere. Tcu has a big problem at C after McMillon graduates or if he gets injured because Avila isn’t the answer there and Hollis is gone after this year. Hayes shores up that position for next 4 yrs in an exceptional way if he is moved to C.

A future OLine of COKER, A/BARLOW, HAYES, BURNETTE, and COLEMAN is very impressive. All those above starters are freshmen or Sophs. Young freshman or sophomore Backups would be impressive too with WILLIAMS, DIKE, AVILA, BROWN, LANZ and GUYTON.

At QB S/Brown wasn’t brought in to be 4th string. He was brought in to compete with Baldwin for #2.

Last edited:
DEFENSE

DE - ELLISON (2)
Workman (4)
Barquet (1)
Armstrong (1)

NT - COOPER (4)
Ellis (3)
Sorrells (1)
Misi (2)

DT - BETHLEY (4)
P/Jenkins (1)
Filikitonga (2)

DE - MATHIS (2)
M/Jackson (4)
K/Coleman (1)
Bowen (4)
Horton (2)

LB - WINTERS (2)
Hodge (3)
Marcheselli (1)
Holmes (1)

LB - WALLOW (4)
W/Harris (2)
B/Wilson (3)
Jordan (1)

CB - TOMLINSON (2)
Wallace (4)
Daniels(2)
Cesar (2)

CB - K /STEWART (2)
Collins (1)
K/Jenkins (1)

SS - BRADFORD (2)
VanZandt (2)
Oyonobi (1)

FS - MOEHRIG (3)
J/Foster (2)
Vongor (1)

WS - WASHINGTON (2)
McCuin (1)
B/Clark (1)

Last edited:

cuckoo4TCU

Storment will start at one of the tackles.

Hayes will battle with Harris/white for one of the starting guard spots. I don't think he will play center.

Q Johnston will battle for one of the starting outside receiver rolls.

I think Conwright will see a lot of playing time at one of the receiver positions. Apparently he has one of the best hand on the team, and that is something we really need.

Storment was not brought in to start.
Don’t know why so many ignorant fans here immediately anoint a transfer as a superstar when he has a pizzz poor record of being a transient player at very low division schools. Then he finally becomes a starter on a horrible low level G5 CSU team - so that makes him a superstar starter on a P5 Big 12 team ? Some of you daydream in full technicolor. The guy is a questionable OLineman journeyman player not a P5 starter. Get real !!
He is merely a backup insurance policy in case one of OTs is injured or can’t cut it (mainly insurance for freshman starter Coker in case the freshman struggles).

Foster isn’t ready to be 1B starter at RB. You may not know it but he showed up out of shape last year and it took half the season of practices to get him game ready. Not a knock on him but Demarcado doesn’t need that kind of constant attention and cajoling. Neither does Barlow.

Hayes is going to C.
There is a huge hole at C after McMillon. Avila and Hollis have struggled there and in my opinion neither of them are even marginally acceptable. If McMillon got hurt the C position is totally screwed for entire season without Hayes.

Q/Johnston is not going to start. Coaches are not going to throw a newbie true freshman to the wolves. Good way to ruin a freshman. Let him learn first by being a backup.

Last edited:
Info leading to DEPTH CHART selections

1) statements made by coaches last season
or
2) observations by guys like JClark or others
or
3) my opinion based on their performance last year
or
4) obvious situations

STORMENT (OT) one year stopgap backup OT brought in as emergency reserve

BURNETTE (OG) - gonna be the biggest unknown surprise on the team. Was close to winning starter job at OG last yr before injury. Will battle Wes Harris for OG spot

FOSTER (RB) - needs to realize this is college ball and show up day 1 ready to go

S/BROWN (QB) - brought in to be #2 in case Baldwin is still not ready. If Baldwin is ready Baldwin easily wins #2 spot and S/Brown has no chance to be #2.

BRADFORD/MOEHRIG/WASHINGTON (S)-
Best safety unit in all of college football....by far

WINTERS (LB) - good player but seriously ? A 192 lb LB IN THE Big12 ? This is laughingstock material. And he is the starter. This is ridiculous at this level of football.

DTs - all of them together form what I think is one of the top 3 DT units in all of college football.......by far !!

OL - OTs will be Coker and Myers. OT Coleman will take over if Myers struggles.
Gotta get Q/White on field and he is a natural OG. McMillon is solid at C. WHartis or Burnette will be other OG. This OLine has potential to really really good but it’s gonna take them at least 3 games to jell.

QB - whole seaso depends on DUGGAN. My opinion is he will be inconsistent for first 3-4 games and then really catch fire and be spectacular.

Record totally depends on OLine coming together this year. All rest of team is very solid

Froggish

Storment was not brought in to start.
Don’t know why so many ignorant fans here immediately anoint a transfer as a superstar when he has a pizzz poor record of being a transient player at very low division schools. Then he finally becomes a starter on a horrible low level G5 CSU team - so that makes him a superstar starter on a P5 Big 12 team ? Some of you daydream in full technicolor. The guy is a questionable OLineman journeyman player not a P5 starter. Get real !!
He is merely a backup insurance policy in case one of OTs is injured or can’t cut it (mainly insurance for freshman starter Coker in case the freshman struggles).

Foster isn’t ready to be 1B starter at RB. You may not know it but he showed up out of shape last year and it took half the season of practices to get him game ready. Not a knock on him but Demarcado doesn’t need that kind of constant attention and cajoling. Neither does Barlow.

Hayes is going to C.
There is a huge hole at C AFTER MCMillon. Avila and Hollis have struggled there and in my opinion neither of them are even marginally acceptable. If McMillon got hurt the C position is totally screwed for entire season without Hayes.

Q/Johnston is not going to start. Coaches are not going to throw a newbie true freshman to the wolves. Good way to ruin a freshman. Let him learn first by being a backup.

I think you’re wrong on Storment. You site JC as someone who’s influenced your thoughts. He’s a guy in record saying Storment will be the likely starter. Can he live up to that? I don’t know. Coker is very talented but is very young and didn’t grade out very well in his the reps he got last year. He would need to take monster step forward and didn’t get a spring to work with Kill. I agree QWhite will end up starting at one of the guard spots. He isn’t a tackle and I have no idea why we haven’t moved him inside before.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Storment will start at one of the tackles.

Hayes will battle with Harris/white for one of the starting guard spots. I don't think he will play center.

Q Johnston will battle for one of the starting outside receiver rolls.

I think Conwright will see a lot of playing time at one of the receiver positions. Apparently he has one of the best hand on the team, and that is something we really need.
We really need him to have two great hands. Relying on one handed catches is a recipe for disaster.

stbrab

Curious about Zack Marcheselli at LB. I didn’t notice him. Seemed like the perfect package out of high school. Great size, speed and a state champion wrestler to boot.

Edit: I see him now under Marchese.

Last edited:
If DEs take a big step forward (which I expect they will) and both returning starting CBs continue to improve, the defense has potential to be great.

On offense the OLine has got to take some great leaps forward or nothing improves from last year, on that side of the ball. Offense 100% depends totally on OLine this season.

OLine is the entire future of this team for coming season so let’s examine closer -

OT - COKER (1)
Storment (4)
Williams (1)
(comments: Coker is the future at this spot. Coaches are very high on him. Coaches have stated they want Coker to step up. As a true freshman last year he looked promising. Every freshman struggles but he had some flashes of brilliance and he looked great at times in practice which is very promising for a freshman. Storment is standing by in the wings in case Coker stumbles. Williams isn’t ready yet and needs another year.

OG - W/HARRIS (3)
Burnette (1)
Lantz(2)
Nichols(1)
(comments: Harris is coming off an injury year and is back to 95% but coaches not sure his body will hold up. Burnette is potentially a great OG so however this plays out the position will be in good hands. Burnette was very impressive last year in Fall camp and was close to winning a starting job prior to his injury. Lantz isn’t ready and Nichols is a tremendous talent but is too young to contribute this year)

C - McMILLON (3)
Hollis (4)
Hayes (1)
Avila (2)
(comments: McMillon is solid but nothing behind him unless Hayes is switched over to Center. I don’t think Avila and Hollis are even marginally decent at this position, so Hayes is desperately needed at Center.

OG - Q/WHITE (3)
Brown (1)
A/Barlow (1)
(comments: Q/White will be excellent as OG in this spot and the future of this position looks very very good with Barlow coming up and Brown also)

OT - MYERS (4)
Coleman (2)
Dike (2)
Guyton(1)
(comments: this is Coleman’s spot to lose but Myers will begin year as starter. Myers runs hot and cold and is not consistent in his performance so Iook for Coleman to take over this position by mid season. Dike and Guyton are both projects but if either of them catch fire this position will be spectacular for many years)

THE REALLY EXCITING PART OF ALL THIS IS - if you look at only freshmen and soph Offensive Linemen, you will see that the future of the OLine for next 3-4 years looks extremely strong.

A future starting lineup of -
COLEMAN (OT) (soph)
BURNETTE (OG) ((fresh)
HAYES (C) (fresh)
A/BARLOW (OG) (fresh)
COKER (OT (fresh)

Very impressive !!

And underclassmen OLine backups equally impressive:

Williams (OT) (fresh)
Lantz (OG) (soph) Nichols (OG) (fresh)
Avila (C) (soph)
Brown (OG) (fresh)
Dike (OT) (soph) Guyton (OT) (fresh)

When all these guys grow up (hopefully this season) Tcu will have the best OLine in the League for next 4 years

Last edited:
Good Lord man stop yelling at us. Why are you using all caps and who the helll is Bonsu.

Settle down and get some counseling. You are coming across to everyone here as some kind of freak.

Please settle down and enjoy life. Geez.

Apparently we got a few freaks on board.

BONSU!!! How does Bonsu not start??? Riddle me that Wyoming