• The KillerFrogs

The Oklahoman: 'The dirtiest hit we'll see all season.' OU football QB Dillon Gabriel out vs. TCU. Twitter says?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Limey Frog

It was a dirty hit; absolutely awful. But I don't think Hodge meant to do that. It's got to be dangerously easy to lose control in a situation like that when you're trying to make a play and totally hopped up on the situation, trying to get a huge win against a team you never beat. His reaction seemed like he was really shaken by having unintentionally done that.

y2kFrog

The rule that you are down where the slide starts creates hits like this. It causes the QB wait until the last possible second to start his slide. Gabriel also appears to hook slide to get the most possible yardage here as well. There no reason it shouldn’t be spotted where they are first legally down. I also agree that Hodge didn’t meant to do it, but he needs to not go in head down for everybody’s sake including his own.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
A
It was a dirty hit; absolutely awful. But I don't think Hodge meant to do that. It's got to be dangerously easy to lose control in a situation like that when you're trying to make a play and totally hopped up on the situation, trying to get a huge win against a team you never beat. His reaction seemed like he was really shaken by having unintentionally done that.
bad play, but not dirty.

Dirty is coming in spikes high to try and tear someone up.

Dirty is the OU DB swinging at our guy 8 yards into the end zone, whether going for the ball or not. The QB hit was more dangerous, but not intentional.

Last edited:

HFrog1999

It was an illegal hit that he was rightly penalized for

Nothing more nothing less

You can tell when people haven’t been watching football long and you can definitely tell who’s never strapped a helmet on and had to make an open field tackle

I’ve seen Oklahoma make plenty of dirty hits against our players over the years

So Sooner fans

Don-Draper-infante.gif

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Such a bang bang play. Both players are going down. Rightly flagged and ejected under the rule. Hope Gabriel will be OK.

East Coast

Tier 1
The rule that you are down where the slide starts creates hits like this. It causes the QB wait until the last possible second to start his slide. Gabriel also appears to hook slide to get the most possible yardage here as well. There no reason it shouldn’t be spotted where they are first legally down. I also agree that Hodge didn’t meant to do it, but he needs to not go in head down for everybody’s sake including his own.
Th rule is the player is down and the ball is spotted as soon as the slide is started. That’s the reason they quickly took the “fake” slide out of the game as soon as someone used it ((it might even have been Gabriel). Now if the QB does the Andy Dalton dive forward he is fair game until down

y2kFrog

Th rule is the player is down and the ball is spotted as soon as the slide is started. That’s the reason they quickly took the “fake” slide out of the game as soon as someone used it ((it might even have been Gabriel). Now if the QB does the Andy Dalton dive forward he is fair game until down
If the QB is good enough to pull off a fake slide, more power to him.