• The KillerFrogs

The Oklahoman: 'The dirtiest hit we'll see all season.' OU football QB Dillon Gabriel out vs. TCU. Twitter says?

Horny4TCU

Some years ago, I remember reading something about Steve DeBerg, asked to rank the Top 10 hits he took during his career in the NFL. He carefully listed 10-6 with names and dates. As for 5-1, he said, "I don't remember."
This is a violent sport and when you step on that field, that's what you get. Gotta make sure you protect yourself as best you can.

HG73

I'm no expert but I have looked at that play from every angle. No way the defender can be expected to tackle or not tackle in that instant at that speed. If the QB waits that late to slide he deserves what he gets. The rule provides him protection, if he chooses to abuse it he pays the consequences.

Unnecessary roughness is a proper call but disqualification is too much. The QB baited the defender into the penalty but couldn't continue to play. Not smart.

ShreveFrog

That's a no call. Plain and simple. It's football. Hodge is flying at the ball carrier. Already committed to hitting him low as Gabriel went into slide.

grt

Dirty is the OU OL a few years back who literally stomped on our guy.
I was telling the guy sitting next to me the same thing. Now that guy was a freek'n thug. In our guy's defense he had already started his tackle when Gabrial started his slide. That wasn't targeting. The guy on tv said he thought it was borderline but the refs have to call it.