• The KillerFrogs

The Official Fire Jarrett Anderson Thread

Pharm Frog

I didn't see one post on here defending the decision to have Anderson coach OL.

For most of my high school and college years I traveled all over this country competing in LD, CX, and CEDA Debate. I can almost always articulate an opposing argument whether I agree with it or not. On this topic I have nothing. Nothing at all. Cannot even begin to design a line of argument to support his hiring unless I speculate that he has whistleblower information.

Big Frog II

As much money as we can spend for assistants, we should have no problem hiring some replacements for those who cannot get the job done. Our recruiting was suppose to have been so much better the last 3 or 4 years, but the results do not prove it. We cannot continue to 'hide" some of these coaches that cannot coach.

wilson912

As much money as we can spend for assistants, we should have no problem hiring some replacements for those who cannot get the job done. Our recruiting was suppose to have been so much better the last 3 or 4 years, but the results do not prove it. We cannot continue to 'hide" some of these coaches that cannot coach.
I think we gotta start at the top

netty2424

I didn't make that sweeping of a pronouncement in starting the thread but I can't name another person besides him who thought this would yield positive results. The reaction to his hiring was universally negative because everyone knew what was going to happen. He was not under any constraints that would have prevented him from going out and hiring an experienced, proven OL coach but he valued finding a place for his buddy over the development of players and the results from that development. So, he owns it and whatever consequences come with it.
I wonder how short the list is of coaches who want to work for him. He’s old school and his sideline tirades are becoming a thing of the past, especially in this new world we’re living in.

No one wants to be treated like a dog on national tv.

I wonder how short the list is of coaches who want to work for him. He’s old school and his sideline tirades are becoming a thing of the past, especially in this new world we’re living in.

Let's say that there is only one proven, experienced OL coach that would work for him. That would be one more than we have right now.

Eight

curious if gary needed bypass surgery would he go to a general practitioner who he was good friends with or if he needed brain surgery that same gp?

all doctors learn anatomy right? they all go through rotations in med school right?

no different than asking a coach with no real technical expertise or proficiency to coach what is the most demanding position on the entire staff.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

Saban screams his lungs out at assistant coaches on the sidelines. Hell, all this week they had video of him ripping into Kiffen again and again. Yet, guys would crawl over broken glass to get a job on that staff.

Who's that idiot up at ND? He's certainly calm, cool, and collected during games. I'm still wondering why Bo Pelini hasn't dropped dead of an aneurysm on the sideline.

Some coaches are simply deranged on game days. GMFP gets out of hand to a degree, but he isn't in the Top 10 of Coaching Ogres at all.

netty2424

Saban screams his lungs out at assistant coaches on the sidelines. Hell, all this week they had video of him ripping into Kiffen again and again. Yet, guys would crawl over broken glass to get a job on that staff.

Who's that idiot up at ND? He's certainly calm, cool, and collected during games. I'm still wondering why Bo Pelini hasn't dropped dead of an aneurysm on the sideline.

Some coaches are simply deranged on game days. GMFP gets out of hand to a degree, but he isn't in the Top 10 of Coaching Ogres at all.
Saban is a lunatic on the sidelines, but I’ve lost count on how many championships he’s won.

This program is having a hard time winning consecutive games.

When you’re losing, all that madness falls on deaf ears. Not a good comparison at all imo.

BrewingFrog

Saban is a lunatic on the sidelines, but I’ve lost count on how many championships he’s won.

This program is having a hard time winning consecutive games.

When you’re losing, all that madness falls on deaf ears. Not a good comparison at all imo.
My point was that the possibility of advancement in the field of coaching is not a "Hey, he seems nice. I'll work with him!" sort of thing. You go where you can, and learn what you can. Since the field is full of fiercely competitive people, I would imagine that there's no premium on abrasive personalities...

netty2424

My point was that the possibility of advancement in the field of coaching is not a "Hey, he seems nice. I'll work with him!" sort of thing. You go where you can, and learn what you can. Since the field is full of fiercely competitive people, I would imagine that there's no premium on abrasive personalities...
I hear you, and understand what you’re saying.

Just offering the counterpoint that that style of coaching/leadership is dying.

GP has enough skins that coaches will come here, but will the ones this program needs come here to put up with that? If a guy is in high demand, he’s probably got options. Maybe there’s a reason some of the same guys like JA have been around so long. I don’t know, just seems like excessive fit throwing at this point.

BrewingFrog

I hear you, and understand what you’re saying.

Just offering the counterpoint that that style of coaching/leadership is dying.

GP has enough skins that coaches will come here, but will the ones this program needs come here to put up with that? If a guy is in high demand, he’s probably got options. Maybe there’s a reason some of the same guys like JA have been around so long. I don’t know, just seems like excessive fit throwing at this point.
Bear Bryant and Darrell Royal could never have survived the Transfer Portal...