• The KillerFrogs

The Official Fire Jarrett Anderson Thread

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
You do realize this thread is actually calling for firing GP....
I remember an MLB player who had had a particularly bad game. After it was over, a reporter asked him if he heard the fans in the stands booing him. He replied, "Did you see how I was playing out there? If I had been in the stands, I'd have booed me, too!"

GMFP has to know he's putting out a bad product. He also has to know who the responsible parties are. He also know that the ultimate responsibility is his. The man is no fool. His inability to look a friend in the eye and tell him he's fired is what is killing him.

He has to summon the moral courage to look his team in the eye and make the changes necessary to put them in a good position. In the end, his responsibility is to his players. His coaches are professionals, not kids. They ought to know that if they cannot perform their duties in an acceptable manner, then they will have to hit the road. Playtime is over.

1-2 is just bad. Just plain bad. Without some very bad judgement on the part of a UT RB, we're 0-3.

That's unacceptable.

asleep003

Threw up when Thomsen left and Anderson was brought back in coach where he had failed before. Caught a lot of flack for Challenging that decision... but have never stopped complaining about this insanity. Meacham was an OT, with honors, for OSU when they were also good ... but hey, we wouldn't want anyone like that helping out.

ftwfrog

Does it take that great of a coach to tell them, “when all else fails and you’re a bit confused, just block somebody!” There are times when mediocre defensive lineman get into our backfield untouched.

You do realize this thread is actually calling for firing GP....
I didn't make that sweeping of a pronouncement in starting the thread but I can't name another person besides him who thought this would yield positive results. The reaction to his hiring was universally negative because everyone knew what was going to happen. He was not under any constraints that would have prevented him from going out and hiring an experienced, proven OL coach but he valued finding a place for his buddy over the development of players and the results from that development. So, he owns it and whatever consequences come with it.

Moose Stuff

Threw up when Thomsen left and Anderson was brought back in coach where he had failed before. Caught a lot of flack for Challenging that decision... but have never stopped complaining about this insanity. Meacham was an OT, with honors, for OSU when they were also good ... but hey, we wouldn't want anyone like that helping out.

I didn't see one post on here defending the decision to have Anderson coach OL.