• The KillerFrogs

The offensive staff at TCU

CountryFrog

This board's inability to say something bad about this particular QB is insufferable.

If it was Delton who went 16 of 36 for 188 yards and overthrew open receivers multiple times, there would be criticism.
I don't know what board you're reading. I've seen plenty of criticism of the QB, me included.

I do think, though, it's ok to go a little easier on a true freshman. The reality is that we shouldn't be in a position where we're leaning on a true freshman QB to be our starter but here we are. The Justin Rodgers injury, Shawn Robinson being a total flop, Mike Collins getting injured in camp and not being able to compete for the job, and Baldwin being injured have all resulted in Max having to grow up a lot faster than he probably should have to.

JugbandFrog

I agree with a lot of this but since the long TD in the APB game, he's about 0 for 7 on hitting receivers downfield behind the defense. You can't expect a young QB to hit all those throws but at some point you can no longer say "hey he's young and overthrows people sometimes." If he's going to be the QB then we have to hit some of those throws. The missed pass to A. Davis in the end zone was an absolute killer. And he's launched about 4 passes 5 yards past Reagor in the last couple games that all could've been TD's with better throws.

I have faith that he will get there, and when he does, our O is gonna explode. He will see less blitzes, the run game will yield more explosive plays.

If he took ALL rhe reps in Spring and Fall camp, I’d be inclined to think something was wrong, but he didn’t.

CountryFrog

I have faith that he will get there, and when he does, our O is gonna explode. He will see less blitzes, the run game will yield more explosive plays.

If he took ALL rhe reps in Spring and Fall camp, I’d be inclined to think something was wrong, but he didn’t.
I also think he will get there, the question is when. If he's going to be the starter then we really need him to get there next week.

Eight

We need to recalibrate here. TCU looked solid at Purdue. Won by 21. I didn't see any preseason magazines picking TCU to win the national championship with an unknown at quarterback. That being said, Gary will tighten up this defense. Go get Meacham and start making better offensive play calls and pace starting this week, go put Cumbie back up stairs in the box, and right this ship and compete for the Big XII conference championship riding Darius and Sewo and this offensive line to a title.

why the hell would you go get meacham, a guy whose offensive style is based on the use of tempo when gary specifically wants the offense to slow down to keep his defense off the field?