1. The KillerFrogs

The New Orleans Times-Picayune: Kenrich Williams' salary guaranteed

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by TopFrog, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Contracts for 3 Pelicans become guaranteed as deadline passes

By Andrew Lopez, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
    andrew_lopez@nola.com

The Times-Picayune

Three of the non-guaranteed contracts for the New Orleans Pelicans became fully guaranteed for the 2018-19 season on Monday as the deadline to waive those players passed at 4 p.m.

Center Jahlil Okafor, guard Tim Frazier and forward Kenrich Williams all had their salaries for the current season guaranteed.

Read more at https://www.nola.com/pelicans/2019/...ans-become-guaranteed-as-deadline-passes.html

2. Good for you KW.

Horned Toad, Frog Wild and BABYFACE like this.
  3. Feel-good story of the day

MTfrog5 likes this.
  4. Saw a NBA writer on twitter say this was the feel good story of the year in the NBA. I didn’t realize how rare it is to do what KW did

5. I am not aware of KW’s story other than he was very good at TCU. Where can go to read the full story?
    GO FROGS!
    BEAT EVERYBODY!
    Spit Blood~~<~<and scheiss baylor!!

6. It has to do with him declining a two way contract between the D-league and NBA. I’m sure someone here can explain it in more detail than I can

Salfrog and 4 Oaks Frog like this.
  7. So happy for Kenny. He is such a great young man and I wish him nothing but the best.

Horned Toad likes this.
  8. Now don't go spending it all! That'll be a good chunk of change that'll last a long time if he's careful with it.

9. As the NBA Draft approached - KW made it clear that he had no interest in signing a 2-way contract (split time with D-league/cap on NBA appearances....WAY less $). There were a couple of teams that wanted to draft him in the second round - but didn't because of his stand on that fact. So he was passed up in the draft and signed with a team that was willing to give him a shot to earn a spot on their active NBA roster.

Long story short - He bet on himself vs ASTRONOMICAL odds and won. Not many undrafted guys get active spots their rookie year. I can't think of a single one of those who did it by going undrafted on purpose.

tcumaniac, Land Frog, Salfrog and 5 others like this.
  10. To add to this, there is a lot more security in a 2 way contract in that it guarantees a minimum amount of pay, but the downside is it puts a much lower ceiling on your pay potential. And, as you pointed out, another drawback is that it puts a cap on the number of NBA games you can play, but most other guys are willing to accept that bc it also provides an easier path to NBA appearances.

yurintroubl and MTfrog5 like this.
  11. Congrats Kenrich!

12. Thank you MTfrog5 and yurintroubl!! You guys brought me up to speed on KW’s incredible story. He knew his value, and he stuck to his guns, and it paid off. Way to be KW! You have the true Frog Factor!!
    edit: You too, Purp!!
    GO FROGS!
    BEAT EVERYBODY!
    Spit Blood ~~<~<and scheiss baylor!!

13. Anybody know exactly what his salary will be for the year? Hope it's real real high.

14. I wanna say somewhere around $800k is the minimum.

15. #15 Double V, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Love it! Now go buy yourself the rest of that haircut.

zfrawg likes this.
  16. League min was $905k last year for first year players

MTfrog5 likes this.
  17. Article said $1.4 million guaranteed this year. Pretty incredible.