• The KillerFrogs

The New College Baseball Model

Spike

Right. If I were in charge of MLB the season would be ending about a month earlier and there would be more days off mid week to eliminate those get away games. I went to one about 5 years ago and it was so hot we had to bring wet paper towels from the restroom to wipe down our seats before we could sit. It was about 2 weeks after comingback from Omaha so this intensity level on the field was beyond boring. Rangers gave up a 3 run inning in like the top of the 7th and they seemed to shrug their shoulders and say oh well.

Purp

It probably is. I was saying moving the game to Sunday night's might force a drop in fan attendance.
I think you'd see the opposite effect. Sunday afternoons have slower attendance build-up bc the game starts too close to church times. Then it gets too hot later in the season.

MLB night games start at 7:05 and routinely last well over 3 hours and are a nightmare to get into and out of with traffic and parking. College night games starting at 6pm with shorter game duration and easier traffic issues is much more palatable. A 5 hour commitment for an MLB game starting at 7pm gets you home after 11pm. A 4 hour commitment for a 6pm start gets you home around 9:30.

That's doable with work the next day.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I think you'd see the opposite effect. Sunday afternoons have slower attendance build-up bc the game starts too close to church times. Then it gets too hot later in the season.

MLB night games start at 7:05 and routinely last well over 3 hours and are a nightmare to get into and out of with traffic and parking. College night games starting at 6pm with shorter game duration and easier traffic issues is much more palatable. A 5 hour commitment for an MLB game starting at 7pm gets you home after 11pm. A 4 hour commitment for a 6pm start gets you home around 9:30.

That's doable with work the next day.
2017-Summer-Cover-Main.png

Latest posts