• The KillerFrogs

The Losses to BU and SMU

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Anything good in TCU's losing to these two particular teams?

I know, I know, losses are NEVER good. I predicted a 10-2 season for 2011, but I never though the two 'L's would be to the Bears and the Ponies and that the two would hang a combined 90 points on our 'D'.

However, it is what it is...so, going forward from this point, was it not such a bad thing to inject a note of "more even competition" into these two long-running series? Also, maybe, to inject a just the tiniest note of "pay-back" to guard against our Froggies from playing down to the level of competition?

Slingin' Sammy

Anything good in TCU's losing to these two particular teams?

I know, I know, losses are NEVER good. I predicted a 10-2 season for 2011, but I never though the two 'L's would be to the Bears and the Ponies and that the two would hang a combined 90 points on our 'D'.

However, it is what it is...so, going forward from this point, was it not such a bad thing to inject a note of "more even competition" into these two long-running series? Also, maybe, to inject a just the tiniest note of "pay-back" to guard against our Froggies from playing down to the level of competition?

To the "more even competition" aspect, I say: NO. I want the series to be lopsided in our favor from here on out.

As far as the "pay-back" aspect of the question: ABSOLUTELY. 2011 should be an abberation, not the norm. We CANNOT allow either opponant to scoreboard us on a semi-regular basis. Pure domination for an extended period of time will always benefit us. "Rivalries" be damned.

SMU game we got screwed by the refs. Same thing in the Baylor game but not to the same extent. I'm not really gonna worry about either game with stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyq-LFYPA70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTxDo2pEYHY

Lone Frog

SMU game we got screwed by the refs. Same thing in the Baylor game but not to the same extent. I'm not really gonna worry about either game with stuff like this:
There were so many ridiculous calls in that SMU game, but one thing that always baffled me is after the interception got called back, the announcers decided to talk about the officials' pink caps instead of, say, looking at a replay or anything like that.

Hefley001

Looks like the LJ didn't award forward progress in the Baylor game which he should've, but whats wrong with the SMU clip?

It was absolutely criminal. You can clearly see the SMU receiver running out of bounds. So he was not apart of the play and was actually ineligible.

Hefley001

It was absolutely criminal. You can clearly see the SMU receiver running out of bounds. So he was not apart of the play and was actually ineligible.

What I didn't see on the video, but apparently the ref did, was the defender forcing the WR out of bounds while the ball was in the air. That is defensive PI

EastTXFrog

Who are you arguing with? Because your statement confirms my point. It was PI and the correct call if he was forced out.

Wow, you don't read very well do you? How could Verrett push the SMU WR out of bounds that far down the field when Verrett WAS TURNING AND RUNNING. Follow the bouncing ball.

Hefley001

Wow, you don't read very well do you? How could Verrett push the SMU WR out of bounds that far down the field when Verrett WAS TURNING AND RUNNING. Follow the bouncing ball.

Are you really that stupid? I played CB and have seen and done this same move. A 7-10yd cushion with Safety help over the top you defend the sideline. You backpedal and when he gets to you, when you flip your hips and turn to run, you push him out. You see the Field Judge without his hat? He threw it when the WR was forced out of bounds. And all this time I thought you knew football, wow.

Are you really that stupid? I played CB and have seen and done this same move. A 7-10yd cushion with Safety help over the top you defend the sideline. You backpedal and when he gets to you, when you flip your hips and turn to run, you push him out. You see the Field Judge without his hat? He threw it when the WR was forced out of bounds. And all this time I thought you knew football, wow.

Dude it was a 25 yard pass. No one is fast and strong enough ot push a guy out and get a 10 yard separation.

This was just one example of poor calls that day.

EastTXFrog

a post blaming losses to the likes of baylor and smu on the refs, are we sure anm has left the conference?

We can post videos of our BCS bowl games if you want. Maybe we can post some videos from the last game TCU and Tech played, that's always fun. How many bottles of squeezy cheese did you go through today?

ftwfrog

Baylor call was when it was 7-6, for a loss of 4 yards. We didn't lose the Baylor game because of the refs. We lost the Baylor game because RGIII and Wright were playing pitch and catch over our inexperienced DB's.

The SMU officiating was terrible, that was an interception, wrongfully reversed and I beleive they scored one or two plays later.

Last years over, looking to this year it is a good thing that we'll have a chip on our shoulder vs the ponies. We'd probably overlook them in the middle of our schedule. But now, I think we run that [Rod Gilmore] up. Give me TCU -35.

ftwfrog

I saw his hat. I also saw the flag thrown about 10
Seconds after the player was "forced" out of bounds and the interception was made.

Hefley001

Dude it was a 25 yard pass. No one is fast and strong enough ot push a guy out and get a 10 yard separation.

This was just one example of poor calls that day.

It's not about being "strong enough" to push a WR that far. When a WR's speed is carrying him down the sideline a shoulder check is sometimes good enough to slow his momentum. A well timed push can push him far enough where he runs into the chain gang, ball boy, or unexpected coach standing too close.

SuperToad

Hefley, we were all there to witness it. You weren't. So please, refrain from talk about something you know absolutely nothing about. Verrett never touched the receiver. It was a horrible call that set pace for a whole game of horrid calls.

Hefley001

I saw his hat. I also saw the flag thrown about 10
Seconds after the player was "forced" out of bounds and the interception was made.

I'm not saying the call wasn't late because it was, but it was the right call from what I can see and what I think actually did happen.