• The KillerFrogs

The Kansas City Star: Why K-State players exude confidence heading into Big 12 championship rematch vs. TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Why K-State players exude confidence heading into Big 12 championship rematch vs. TCU​

Story by Kellis Robinett, The Kansas City Star

iu

Kansas State football players have been careful not to provide bulletin-board material for TCU when they have been asked about their upcoming rematch with the Horned Frogs in the Big 12 championship game.

They don’t want to give an opponent that defeated them 38-28 earlier this season any extra motivation before kickoff on Saturday, especially now that the Horned Frogs are fighting for a playoff berth.

Still, it is clear the Wildcats like their chances of pulling off an upset.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...ig-12-championship-rematch-vs-tcu/ar-AA14F3dc

Hemingway

“A rematch is better for us,” Cheatum said. “We’re definitely not going to do the same thing as we did last time. I’m not sure if they want to see us again”

That is trash talk

Eight

said it before, but there has been a vibe from their head coach since that game that they don't believe the better team won and they really wanted another shot at the frogs

maybe they do know something that we don't know, maybe the frogs are in for a world of hurt, all i can think about is those yankee fans chanting "we want houston" a few weeks back

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
K-State has nothing to lose. Win or lose, they go to the Sugar Bowl. They can afford to play loose.

The Frogs played with confidence and strength on Saturday. I believe that carries over, and this team will be very much different from what the K State kids saw a few weeks ago. Another matter is a coherent defensive strategy from the start of the game, vs making it up as we went along with a new QB playing in place of the one we prepared for.

tmcats

TCU is the better team by any measure. K-State will have to play above the level I've seen recently to win this one. I don't buy that beating a team the second time crap nor that TCU is going to be CFP uptight. That's all nonsense. Both will come out wanting to destroy the other and prove who's best. And the winner will be just that. All we know today is that purple wins this one. And I'll be there dressed accordingly.

CountryFrog

Lot of K. State people talking smack on social media. Most seem to think Frogs were just "lucky" the first meeting.
The types of people who spend a lot of time on social media are also in most cases the types of people who will talk [ Finebaum ] about everything all the time no matter what.

Planks

I guess it didn't fire them up enough to beat Texas at home.

Personally, I think you can throw out the Texas game (and Tulane game for that matter) when evaluating Kansas State this season. Martinez rather than Howard played in those games.

Kansas State is a completely different beast when Howard is the quarterback.

Bob Sugar

Personally, I think you can throw out the Texas game (and Tulane game for that matter) when evaluating Kansas State this season. Martinez rather than Howard played in those games.

Kansas State is a completely different beast when Howard is the quarterback.
In the 2H against the Frogs he was 4-9 for 40 yards and an INT. He also had 2 carries for 1 yard.

Wexahu

In the 2H against the Frogs he was 4-9 for 40 yards and an INT. He also had 2 carries for 1 yard.
As another poster pointed out, he's played 4 complete games, and three of those were against the 7th, 9th and 10th best defenses in the league in yards allowed/game, with Baylor (3rd) being the exception.

Not saying he sucks, because I think he is pretty good, but he's had a relatively easy go of it so far.