• The KillerFrogs

The Jamie Dixon MBB Recruiting Thread

I can't post the picture but just saw a Rivals article stating the Frogs have started the 2018 class very well. They really like Kendric Davis and Angus McWilliam even saying that AM would be a top 50 kid if he played HS ball in the States.

TCUdirtbag

Gofrogs.com roster showing the new 5 guys now --- Nembhard, Samuel, Mayen, Hamdy and Olden. With Pierce and Rafus not making it, TCU is at 14 on the roster / 12 scholarships. Scholarship limit is 13, so it looks like we'll have 1 unused scholarship again.

Waccy Frog

Gofrogs.com roster showing the new 5 guys now --- Nembhard, Samuel, Mayen, Hamdy and Olden. With Pierce and Rafus not making it, TCU is at 14 on the roster / 12 scholarships. Scholarship limit is 13, so it looks like we'll have 1 unused scholarship again.

We lose 3 scholarship seniors, right? (Vlad, K. Williams, and Hamdy). So with the open spot we have at least 2 more 2018 spots.

We will be losing a lot inside. It will be interesting to see what we do with the remaining scholarships.

Portland Frog

Would have been great to have another big front court player for 2017, but it is what it is.

TCUdirtbag

We lose 3 scholarship seniors, right? (Vlad, K. Williams, and Hamdy). So with the open spot we have at least 2 more 2018 spots.

We will be losing a lot inside. It will be interesting to see what we do with the remaining scholarships.

By my count it's 2. To spell it out for those not following closely, here's where we are:

Scholarship limit: 13
2017-18: 12 scholarship players on roster
2017-18 scholarship seniors: 3 (Vlad, Williams, Hamdy)
Total c/o 2018 scholarships available: 4
C/o 2018 commits: 4* PG Kendric Davis & 3* C Angus McWilliam
Remaining c/o 2018 scholarships: 2

Purp

I talked to CJD briefly at one of the super regional games. I half-jokingly asked who was going to take the last scholly and he said they were working on it that weekend. He had one of his assistants with him and he also made it seem like they had a few irons in the fire. Granted, that was 3-4 weeks ago and a lot has changed since then, but I got the impression they wanted another big for the roster next season.

I think if a scholly goes unused it will mean they ran out of desirable targets for this year.

TCUdirtbag

I talked to CJD briefly at one of the super regional games. I half-jokingly asked who was going to take the last scholly and he said they were working on it that weekend. He had one of his assistants with him and he also made it seem like they had a few irons in the fire. Granted, that was 3-4 weeks ago and a lot has changed since then, but I got the impression they wanted another big for the roster next season.

I think if a scholly goes unused it will mean they ran out of desirable targets for this year.

Yeah, they want to use it, but they don't want to waste a 2018-19 scholarship, if that makes sense. Hamdy was a perfect fit and that's one of the reasons why.

Purp

Yeah, they want to use it, but they don't want to waste a 2018-19 scholarship, if that makes sense. Hamdy was a perfect fit and that's one of the reasons why.
Yep. I guess the rest of my take-away from that chat was that, at that time, they had not concluded other desirable players weren't available. They were still pursuing guys for that scholly. We didn't discuss names so I can't know if the equation has changed since then, but they still had some possibilities they were excited about.

SuperTFrog

I think this is going to be an extremely disappointing year for basketball. I think the fans are already thinking where the NCAA Tourney banner is going to be hung in the arena. We play in the toughest league in the country. We could have a team that would go to the tourney in any other league and win 6 conference games in the big12. Obviously, I hope we go but I think it is going to be harder than people think.

Sincerely,

Johnny Raincloud

Purp

I think this is going to be an extremely disappointing year for basketball. I think the fans are already thinking where the NCAA Tourney banner is going to be hung in the arena. We play in the toughest league in the country. We could have a team that would go to the tourney in any other league and win 6 conference games in the big12. Obviously, I hope we go but I think it is going to be harder than people think.

Sincerely,

Johnny Raincloud
Is this some kind of bad bit? We've got our top 6 scorers returning and the rest of our conference loses a ton of talent. Meanwhile, we're adding talent to our nucleus (not meant to be a Frog basketball reference) with what may be our best recruiting class ever. I don't think anybody is predicting we win the conference title, but we were a bubble team this year that caught fire a week too late. We'll be better next season in a conference that won't be as strong. It's not a logical leap to expect us to compete for a tourney spot next year and possibly surprise some people in the conference.

Horned Toad

Sincerely,

Johnny Raincloud
Rodog, is that you?

SuperTFrog

Is this some kind of bad bit? We've got our top 6 scorers returning and the rest of our conference loses a ton of talent. Meanwhile, we're adding talent to our nucleus (not meant to be a Frog basketball reference) with what may be our best recruiting class ever. I don't think anybody is predicting we win the conference title, but we were a bubble team this year that caught fire a week too late. We'll be better next season in a conference that won't be as strong. It's not a logical leap to expect us to compete for a tourney spot next year and possibly surprise some people in the conference.

How many wins did you predict for our football team this year? 6? Sometimes things don't go the way you expect.