• The KillerFrogs

The Jamie Dixon MBB Recruiting Thread

CountryFrog

Salfrog said:
Williamson was a good recruiter while he was here. He could also help coach up our point guards. I would like to see him come back.
I think we're just bringing in Gunner to improve the PG play. He's spent a lot of time figuring that situation out.

Gunner

Good grief, Robinson is a transfer.  He contacted us.    We haven't recruited a point guard since Christian got Kyan.  That was 2 coaches back for the uninitiated.  

And are we sure Robinson can even play the point.  Guys tellin' me, he was running 3rd team at A&M.   I am hopeful tho, at least he had a rep coming out of hi school.  

But for the smarty criticizers, Robinson recruited us, not the other way 'round.  If you throw poison, get your act together.  

Gunner said:
Good grief, Robinson is a transfer.  He contacted us.    We haven't recruited a point guard since Christian got Kyan.  That was 2 coaches back for the uninitiated.  

And are we sure Robinson can even play the point.  Guys tellin' me, he was running 3rd team at A&M.   I am hopeful tho, at least he had a rep coming out of hi school.  

But for the smarty criticizers, Robinson recruited us, not the other way 'round.  If you throw poison, get your act together.  
({})

With Abron graduating I'm much more concerned about what we are going to trot out t center after Shepherd picks up his usual 2 fouls in the first three minutes of the game.

Robinson is much more of a PG than any of the other guards on the roster. He played the point in HS and at A&M. He has the speed, ball handling, and passing ability of a Big 12 caliber PG. He was our #1 PG target in 2014 and was more highly rated and had better offers than Kyan or anyone else on the current roster.

FrogsMcGee

Gunner, help me understand how it matters if we recruit a player versus a player choosing to transfer to TCU. Is he not on the roster regardless? We can agree or disagree on whether he will be a good PG for us, truth is nobody knows for sure. But what does it matter how he got here? He's here.

Yes, I know there's no point trying....

Portland Frog

GuardianFrog said:
With Abron graduating I'm much more concerned about what we are going to trot out t center after Shepherd picks up his usual 2 fouls in the first three minutes of the game.

Robinson is much more of a PG than any of the other guards on the roster. He played the point in HS and at A&M. He has the speed, ball handling, and passing ability of a Big 12 caliber PG. He was our #1 PG target in 2014 who was more highly rated and had better offers than Kyan or anyone else on the current roster.

Agreed. PG isn't an issue now (or it's less of an issue than the 5). Having a player down low who can score, that is what the frogs need. This will open up everything else. Shepherd is great at rebounding and defense. Let's add some scoring at that position please.