• The KillerFrogs

The Jamie Dixon MBB Recruiting Thread

TCUdirtbag

cdsfrog said:
This year? The fee was added this year and I haven't given away free baseball tickets because of it.
If thats true I would like my seats to get some use. I only can make 10-15 games a year.

Havent owned basketball seats since 2013 but the same will happen I'm sure.
Weird. I think I transferred everything through my gofrogs account online this year for MBB and FB.

PurplePutt

TCUdirtbag said:
Weird. I think I transferred everything through my gofrogs account online this year for MBB and FB.
Did you transfer the tickets so that whomever got them could just print them? I'm pretty sure the 10 buck thing was for basketball and picking them up at will call. I don't know about the other sports? I haven't checked with the ticket office, I read it here. CDS seems to remember?

And Moose--it would help recruiting if they could pack the place. 

:biggrin:

I guess my point was, I paid for season tickets and made a donation. There should be a way I could leave them at will call for anyone who shows up and needs a ticket for free. Sure they should sell any remaining tickets first but then give out tickets that have already been paid for to those who want them. I could see them selling them again though.

:angry:

Gunner

Hard to believe, but not one post on recruiting even mentions the lack of point guards.  Hell, we're after a 7 footer, that every swinging prick wants.  And we don't have  a single player who can deliver a pass inside.  

Good grief, we have gone 4 or 5 years now, without recruiting a single hi school point guard.    

HELP!  ME!

cdsfrog

PurplePutt said:
Did you transfer the tickets so that whomever got them could just print them? I'm pretty sure the 10 buck thing was for basketball and picking them up at will call. I don't know about the other sports? I haven't checked with the ticket office, I read it here. CDS seems to remember?

And Moose--it would help recruiting if they could pack the place. 

:biggrin:

I guess my point was, I paid for season tickets and made a donation. There should be a way I could leave them at will call for anyone who shows up and needs a ticket for free. Sure they should sell any remaining tickets first but then give out tickets that have already been paid for to those who want them. I could see them selling them again though.

:angry:

I would do this for everything single basketball and baseball game. Straight up free for any I don't attend. I don't want anything, other than for someone to use them but I'm not gonna pay for that or make someone else pay. I don't even care who uses them if it's TCU fans, let the stadium decide. Let kids come for free or something. I bet if all of the board collectively did this and got the ticket office to agree there would be at least a 100+ for every game given to kids for free.

Horny 4 Life

cdsfrog said:

I would do this for everything single basketball and baseball game. Straight up free for any I don't attend. I don't want anything, other than for someone to use them but I'm not gonna pay for that or make someone else pay. I don't even care who uses them if it's TCU fans, let the stadium decide. Let kids come for free or something. I bet if all of the board collectively did this and got the ticket office to agree there would be at least a 100+ for every game given to kids for free.
I know a family in DFW that would love to take their kid(s) to a couple TCU baseball games. Their son loves TCU, despite his extended family being full of Baylor supporters. If you're serious about giving your tickets away shoot me a PM. They would be extremely grateful for the opportunity to attend a game.

cdsfrog

Ok yeah there are definitely some I cant make. I never can make midweek games and usually at least 1 or 2 games each weekend I can't make.

DickBumpastache

Portland Frog said:
Isn't Bolden announcing today or tomorrow?

Doesn't have a set date, but I believe he said he wanted to announce before his birthday (the 17th)...so sometime soon.

Think he may end up signing with Duke as Deryck Thornton's transfer opens up a spot.

Gunner said:
Hard to believe, but not one post on recruiting even mentions the lack of point guards.  Hell, we're after a 7 footer, that every swinging Bill Maher wants.  And we don't have  a single player who can deliver a pass inside.  

Good grief, we have gone 4 or 5 years now, without recruiting a single hi school point guard.    

HELP!  ME!
Gunner's right! Somebody should do something about this. Maybe we could hire a new coach.

With the delays in Dixon announcing his staff it makes me wonder if Jamie was going after some guys, Henderson and Boynton in particular.

If Tubby does go to Tennessee we might look to bring in someone like Pooh Williamson off of his staff at Tech. He was here briefly under Johnson and at SMU before that.

Salfrog

Tier 1
GuardianFrog said:
With the delays in Dixon announcing his staff it makes me wonder if Jamie was going after some guys, Henderson and Boynton in particular.

If Tubby does go to Tennessee we might look to bring in someone like Pooh Williamson off of his staff at Tech. He was here briefly under Johnson and at SMU before that.
Williamson was a good recruiter while he was here. He could also help coach up our point guards. I would like to see him come back.